Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Random Sarcasm Generator
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I have a huge gay wing on my GTT:

Now removing it is a huge pain in the arse since all the holes on the rear quarters need to be filled and painted etc... etc...

Now seeing a few pictures of R34s had me thinking that in some respects they look a little bit better without a huge piece of airfix on the back and so it lead to this question.

Does the rear wing on a Skyline do anything? I have a standard GTT spoiler which needs to be resprayed and will bolt on to the old holes but is it really necessary when I could get something a bit more subtle as well as be able to see out the rear window!

·
In dentibus anticis frustum magnum spiniciae habes
9,524 Posts
firstly your right that is the gayest wing style ever, nismo realy fecked up with that design, anyway yes of course the rear wing does something, it keeps your rear wheels planted when you are at speed. without the spoiler it would "lift". Thats the whole reason for a spoiler. Unless its this one, where its also to show u have a gay side to you.
I know most guys with this wing remove it and replace it with a far less gay style. so remove, fill your holes and paint then stick on another style.

·
Random Sarcasm Generator
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
replace it with a far less gay style. so remove, fill your holes
Are you insinuating something ;)

A spoiler has a purpose in that it stops the back lifting but what kind of speed do you have to be doing for that to happen in a Skyline?

I don't think the Nismo one does anything at all since the plane is almost flat apart from a small duck tail at the back.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
im none to keen on that nismo spoiler either :apoke:

My car has the same nismo bodykit but a different spoiler.... so is my spoiler a different nismo one or one of nissans own?

·
Random Sarcasm Generator
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks the a standard spoiler. I assume the Nismo kit was an option when you ordered the car and in your case they took the bumpers and skirts but left the standard spoiler on.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Looks the a standard spoiler. I assume the Nismo kit was an option when you ordered the car and in your case they took the bumpers and skirts but left the standard spoiler on.
Agreed. When I had my 34 the Japanese owner had the factory option nismo bodykit but luckily had the good sense to go with the standard spoiler as shown on the yellow 34 above.

Whilst sorting out the rust on mine I went round spoilerless for a bit and it looked ok. But spoilerless implies non-turbo version. And you can't have people thinking that :) Stick the standard one on

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Agreed. When I had my 34 the Japanese owner had the factory option nismo bodykit but luckily had the good sense to go with the standard spoiler as shown on the yellow 34 above.

Whilst sorting out the rust on mine I went round spoilerless for a bit and it looked ok. But spoilerless implies non-turbo version. And you can't have people thinking that :) Stick the standard one on
The yellow one above was a non turbo :booty: it had an RB20DE neo.. I've not seen many 2 litre R34's most non turbo's seem to be 2.5 litre.

I've seen rather bare looking GTT's with no factory kit. Think its all down to who could afford the optional extras when placing an order.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.