Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people, wanna take my spoiler off my R33 Gts-t, the one i have is similar to the ones on Honda integra type r's, I dont really want it. my plan was to get one from an evo 7 but will mine leave holes ?? think the one i have now is bonded on but the original one might have left holes, think my current one is a nismo one. Need Help Please

Ben

S

·
0 Posts
The problem with the R33 is the boot lid is lower than the rest of the boot, so new spoilers need to be shaped to fit properly.

here is a picture of what one looks like with the spoiler taken off.

Simon

B

·
0 Posts
you can get a very low level spoiler to "build" up the gap left when removing a high lever spoiler ...

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks simon thats enlightened me, I never knew that without the spoiler the boot was lower, thats the same colour as my car too !!

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Steve those black dots wgat are they, are the spoilers bolted in or not ?

S

·
0 Posts
I think that's where the spoiler was bolted on - I can't be sure as it is still on the boat from japan!

Simon

S

·
0 Posts
I have a cunning plan ;)

my current car is wine red and was keyed in november, :mad: the spoiler however escaped damage.

when it gets resprayed in feb I will be taking the spoiler off and putting it on the new one.

all I need now is a spoiler for my current car that will get sprayed to match the rest of the car :D

Simon

B

·
0 Posts
yes .. those black dots are where the previous spoiler was attached to the car

although its a GTR spoiler please see the pic below of my car .. if you look closely you can see that it follows the lines of the boot and fills the gap created by the boot having a lower profile than rear wings.

you can get a very low level "lip" type spoiler (i think it was a factory option) to get rid of this problem .. a few of the 33's that have GT wings use these lip spoilers.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
to be honest brooksie what you have is all i want, by the way where are those rear bumper "spoilers" you have there are very nice !

·
Free icecream
2,112 Posts
IMO the GTR spoiler is the only one to have. Not because it's "GTR" (i'm sure you know my thoughts on GTS->GTR) but because that shape is so bang on. Perfect.

I never realised there were so many damn holes in the boot lid holding the spoiler on.

B

·
0 Posts
i agree Moschops .. there won't be any GTR badges goin near me car !!

Cardiff Im told the rear spats are Top Secret (apparently) although i'll be buggered if i can find them on T'internet ..

im not sure the standard spoiler requires that many holes .. perhaps that car had an aftermarket jobbie ?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Doh! Come on Brooksie - of course you can't find your rear spats on the net - They're Top Secret!!!!!!!!

If you found them , they'd have to kill you!!!!!!!!!
(all strictly hush-hush don't ya know!!)

·
Banned
5,715 Posts
Cardiff,I have recently taken a low original M type spoiler off my GTS,and can tell you it was bolted through in 4 places,2 each side.Once the bolts are out,it still feels solid,as there are 4 plastic sockets in the bootlid.Prise off the spoiler,don't be scared to pull it.If you are fitting a GTR wing,original Nissan part-like I have,it uses all the previous attachments,but you will have to drill 3 more holes along the back edge of the bootlid,as the GTR wing has a lower deck with 3 studs on it.Did mine from GTS to GTR in 50minutes.Have also broght a pair of Nismo end finishers to get round the GTR on a GTS issue!Looks the muts.

·
Member No 48
1,192 Posts
Cardiff, various company's do copies of the GTR spoiler specifically for the GTS, talk to them you'll probably find they use just the original mounts....no need to drill extra holes.
Floyd
PS. Did you get your clutch sorted OK?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts