Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all was just wondering if the rear tires on a r33 gtst should wear alot more on the inside as standard because when my car was on standard supsension it had worn loads on the inside whilst the outside was brand new still on both rear wheels.
Its on tein suspension springs now but still looks to be wearing the same was just wondering if this is normal or not cause im gonna be eating alot of tires like this !

Cheers :)

·
Registered
917 Posts
Don't hold me to this but if they are anything like s14a the camer arms will have an oval shaped washer which when you do one side of the nut up will adjust the camber. won't adjust it alot but enough to wear tyres even on standard suspension. once lowered your camber will have increased though and if you had camber adjustable bolts then they probably won't have enough adjustment in them to counter act the extra camber dialled in by the drop in ride height. best to ask on here though as i'm yet to fiddle with my suspension as i'm too skint to lower the car and think about adjustable arms and geomatry

·
Forum loiterer!
1,707 Posts
Don't hold me to this but if they are anything like s14a the camer arms will have an oval shaped washer which when you do one side of the nut up will adjust the camber. won't adjust it alot but enough to wear tyres even on standard suspension. once lowered your camber will have increased though and if you had camber adjustable bolts then they probably won't have enough adjustment in them to counter act the extra camber dialled in by the drop in ride height. best to ask on here though as i'm yet to fiddle with my suspension as i'm too skint to lower the car and think about adjustable arms and geomatry
:iagree:

had this on mine. lowered 25mm i now have 2 deg -ve camber on the back on full adjustment :alco:

time for some rear camber arms, or raise it up like a 4x4 LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts