Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not tuning exactly, but the rear screen wash on my GTT doesn't work. I can hear the motor buzzin' but nothing comes out. The fronts work no problem.

Is there a separate reservoir for the back ? ...or do I have a loose pipe somewhere....Maybe the jet is just blocked!:doh: I should check that too.

S

·
0 Posts
in the R33 there is a pipe that goes all the way from the resivoir in the front, through the inside of the car to the jet at the back.

if it splits then you get a wet car!!! :eek:

check the resivoir and see if there are two pumps.

Simon

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
get a pin from yer mums had and give it a swift pricking. That shoudl clear it.

Usually clogs up with grit or something just probably needs dis-lodging.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its working!

It didn't seem blocked when it was 'probed', but after I completely filled the reservoir bottle all is well.

I'm wondering if the motor for the rear washer is higher up than the one for the front, that way you preserve the last bit of water for the front screen. Or, alternatively, I didn't give it enough time for the water to come through :doh:

·
Very Sad
84 Posts
mine's broken too

the rear wash on our R33 GTS has suddenly deicded to pack up too, nozzle not cloged, reservoir full, stalk operational, no wet car to best of my knowledge, guessing crackered motor or split/clogged pipe, anyone else experienced the same and round a resolution ?:feedback:

·
Shiney blingy bling bling!!
562 Posts
I've got similar problem with the front one. The motor doesn't buzz or anything on it. Although the back on if fine. So i'm suspecting a broken motor that pushes the water through the pipes.....

·
Very Sad
84 Posts
the screenwash connections on mine have been disconnected, and cross connected. There are 2 sockets and 2 plugs, socket A connects, inappropriately, to plug b, switch them so they're correct, and the rear wash operates the front screen, switch so there's only 1 plugged in at a time, and nothing happens, does this mean my rear pump needs replaced, as fronts work fine?

·
Registered
344 Posts
I'm having the same problem at the minute!! Only a trickle of water comes out the far left front jet, and nothing at all at the rear? Do i need a new motor 2? Sorry, not meaning to hijack your thread mate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts