Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As stated in the heading, im looking for recommendations for garages or someone that can change an engine and do it properly and to a high standard in south Wales preferrably but willing to travel a hour or so.
Regards, Thwish

·
Registered
26 Posts
I used Vale Autotec in Rhigos to do a turbo change and gearbox change(r32gtr).very reasonable and no problems afterwards.The guy runs a Supra.
Just dont be in any hurry as they are pretty slow and hopeless at getting back to you
but I would use again
mike

·
Registered
83 Posts
There is South Wales Tuning in Caerphilly. They mostly work on and therefore are familiar with Jap cars, including Skylines. Can’t say I’ve any direct experience of their services, just been to a dyno day there and know one of the Guys who runs it.

http://www.sw-t.co/

yeah, I know that url looks broken, but it works for me.

I’d trust them to work on my car, but also got a more local (to me) garage I trust as well hence why I’ve not used them so far.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I called in there recently-lots of Skylines and think one of the lads used to be there when they were Hyeline which is good or bad depending who you listen to.

You could try Indigo GT up Merthyr way who have done some work for me in the past
and would recommend

mike

·
South Wales Area Rep
310 Posts
With reguards to Hyline i had a rebuild in 2009 and cost me the earth but as SOUTH WALES TUNEING is nothing to do with Hyline i would say give them a try mate havent heard any bad things about them but i know SOUTH WALES TUNEING have got good mechanics and new equipment.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you are still looking for a garage, have a chat with "K and P Auto Services" in Williamstown.
They are not a big tuning garage but then don't charge as much as one either.
They have owned and worked on lots of Skylines/Performance cars and I can't fault their advice or quality of work.

They have done some impressive rebuilds on RBs, SRs and CAs and know Skylines and Silvias inside out.

·
Administrator
23,136 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've been using 360Motorsport (Formerly Ninja Tune Factory) in Usk for years. Wouldn't trust anyone else local with my car :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts