Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Best looking member
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I've been having trouble with my HICAS light, I've just found out the reason for this is because my angle sensor is off which is making the light come on and the steering go heavy,

So.... if any of you could recommend a good garage in south yorkshire or there abouts, that will be able to re align my steering angle sensor I would be mucho gratful.

Tried Nissan but they were about as much help as a chocolate fire guard

Grassy ass :boxing:

·
Best looking member
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah thats lancashire way, there seems to be no garages round my area that know anything about Skylines, it's abit of a ball ache driving miles away for a simple job!! :wtf:

·
Registered
812 Posts
yea i had same problems when i wanted some bits done on mine, had to go wigan, wot a crock of sh1te they were, ripped my ass off big time. wouldnt recomend there, but wont mention there na,e incase they try and sue me lol,

STAY AWAY FROM WIGAN, travel the extra mile if need be dude

·
Best looking member
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did I tell you what the problem was with the steering Poopants?

apparently the hicas has two types of drive, hard drive and soft drive, obviously one for when your over 40 mph(hard drive) and one when your driving slower, now cos the steering angle sensor is out the car thinks it's constantly turning and buggers hard soft drive thing up, buggers been a technical term,

Said only other thing it could be could be the speed converter which I've just had replaced, hope this sorts it cos power steering feels like it's failed all the time now
:swear:

·
Registered
812 Posts
hopefuly mate youll get it sorted, sorry i couldnt have been more help on the weekend, even with all my impressive little gadgits im still a tit lol

·
Registered
218 Posts
well I have the lockout bar fitted and its sorted all the problems I had with heavy steering at low speed and the light coming on and nearly dying lol,
the cost about 85 quid and saves 50 kg's, really worth every penny, the car feels more balanced as well as mine was always fidgiting,
I had an evo VI before the 33 and the evo felt planted and sure footed it was a shock to feel the differance between the two, But its sorted now ;)

·
Best looking member
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had with heavy steering at low speed and the light coming on

Buffy, did your steering feel like it was wrestling you all the time? mine used to come on if I'd taken the car for a drive, stopped switched the engine off and then back on and the steering was stiff, but now it's stiff everytime I turn the car on, so obviously problem is getting worse, think I may purchase the lock out bar, Skyline good HICAS bad

:uzi:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts