Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys my gtst pulls hard in all the gears this is my 5th gtst
and is by far that fastist 1 even my rsp tuned 1 with 320bhp and 320lbs torque never went like this one so i thort i would have a look at it but cant see much but its running 17psi i think 1bar
and when its on on tickover and you blip the gas you can hear from the airfilter a ballbearing sound after you come off the gas not loud but you can hear it:drool:
need to get it on the rollers i gess:dunno:

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
have a look at it,its not hard to see in either standard or topmount form to find out

·
Registered
490 Posts
if you dont like it and it is a aftermarket tubby i will be more then happy to trade you my standard one for it :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
have a look at it,its not hard to see in either standard or topmount form to find out
no mate its not a top mount and it has the nissan on the cast but i think it might be i rebuilt 1 with a steelshaft :dunno:

G

·
Lets hope so mate cos at 1bar if its not it will let go!
If i was you i'd take it off or pay someone to take it off and check for steel internals it wont cost alot, however if its standard and running 1bar you have a big bill coming mate!
That sound mate you sure its not DET?

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
17psi is closer to 1.2bar.

Whip the intake pipe off and have a look at the compressor nut and spin the wheel.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
17psi is closer to 1.2bar.

Whip the intake pipe off and have a look at the compressor nut and spin the wheel.
what should the nut look like muilt spline or somthing
its not det its the turbo when it spins up or down same as my old scooby with a rollerbearing turbo if i get hold of a magnet would that stick to the compressor wheel

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if its near 1.2 then i would of thort the turbo would of gone pop by now
been driving it hard somtimes 70000rpm as its limiter has been moved

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
been moved a hell of a way if you red line is 70000rpm lol

Std nissan turbos usually have the star nut on the comp wheel

·
Registered
307 Posts
hi guys my gtst pulls hard in all the gears this is my 5th gtst
and is by far that fastist 1 even my rsp tuned 1 with 320bhp and 320lbs torque never went like this one so i thort i would have a look at it but cant see much but its running 17psi i think 1bar
and when its on on tickover and you blip the gas you can hear from the airfilter a ballbearing sound after you come off the gas not loud but you can hear it:drool:
need to get it on the rollers i gess:dunno:
im running ball bearing turbos but theres no sound any different to journal bearing turbos ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts