Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Member No 2.
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the first time in years I had the 'RedMist' come over me today, I feel ashamed to admit it and at the end of it I had a real adrenaline rush.

Around 6.00pm tonight coming off the M42 on to the A34(Stratford Road), a couple of guys in a Subaru Impreza WRX Station Wagon came flashing up my arse, I kept to the speed limit(40mph) and continued, but this Pratt was still there flashing like a pelican crossing. So I thought right, I put the car in 'power' mode and floored it, For the first time I don't think I have ever felt a surge like it, the car just took off.
The Impreza was a little shocked, but decided to take up the challenge, I weaved in and out of several cars, and cut in front of him and how I got round the roundabout I don't know, But I eventually lost him, what a rush, But was soon replaced with shear embarrassment and guilt. There would have been family's out on the road, and If I had been one of them I would have thought what a complete "tosser" I must have reached speeds of 80mph in a 40 mph zone. But just thought I would post this on hear to say even a old git like me can sometimes act like a complete Pratt.

Disgusted.

Paul :confused:

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
not heard the term red mist since my bike days.

·
Registered
101 Posts
"With great power comes great responsibility"

Take heed...

:D

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
thank you zxyoda wise words once again.

·
Free icecream
2,112 Posts
I know how you feel but I tend to feel like that when they rush up behind me - I just let them go. I've not had one race since I got the car in October and that's through choice, you see I find myself thinking 'I may stack it/he may make me look a total pratt/I may get nicked and banned/I may even kill someone' but that's just the way I am - i'm not comfortable with risks and maybe that's how i've got where I am today; in the same place I started. :rolleyes:

I even p!ss myself off when I pass someone only to have them come past later because i've pulled in nice and early for the off slip and I think 'look at them pushing in'. I could do it too but I don't like to. Just how I am I guess, part of it is I can't be ar5ed to push in.

At least a race not entered is a race not lost, and maybe a life not lost too. Take care out there.

Is there a shrink in the house?! :D

E

·
0 Posts
I dont even get races in the Skyline. Used to get people trying it on all the time in the RS wich ive still got if anybody wants it? Bit tatty but 240 bhp.

·
Member No 2.
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Red Mist

Moschops,
I doubt very much that I will do it again. I am still bowing my head in shame. It just worried me that as you say I could have killed someone, and that I just couldn't come to terms with, Looks like the car will have to go, and buy a small powered car!!!.

Paul.

E

·
0 Posts
Theres a time & a place & for street racing but everyone does it once in a while in the wrong place at the wrong time. It could have been worse mate,a lot worse. All you`re feeling is a bit ashamed of yourself. At least you weren`t drunk & you didn`t crash.

·
Member No 2.
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
red mist

You are all right, It's just that at 44 years old, you would have thought that I would have known better, I can understand being in the 18-25 age scale, but I have 2 young kids myself,and would have done my fruit if someone had gone past me swerving in and out of traffic acting like a tw*at!. I wouldn't mind but it's not even my Skyline!!!.

Paul:(

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Anger management mate, every day you drive you exercise it to some degree, sometimes you fail, 99% of the time we all do a good job of it.
I have done some pretty dopey things in mine and tis only after the event that you realise the potential of your actions.
Anyway I am older than you so do as your told.

·
Member No 2.
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Red Mist

Buster,
Fair enough, Seeing as though are older(cant be by much), I will try and put it down to experience. Are you putting your name down for the GTS Rolling road day?. It should be fun, I thought I might have had a better response!.

Paul.

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Paul, I think you have had a good response on the events page, my silly reply is there.
(Old hooligan,trying to get back in forces for a fight) Nick

·
Free icecream
2,112 Posts
Well i'm not all sweetness and light - I have occasionally on quiet rural roads given it a caning but not with other cars around. I like to see how well it goes but for me it's not about racing. I know i'm not a racing driver and wouldn't trust my ability in those situations.

I've done some stupid things when I was younger that make me cringe now but i'm older and (a bit) wiser.

But don't even THINK about selling the car!! You can still enjoy it. In fact I love tootling along thinking 'my cars considerably faster than yows', but i'll leave it at that. Keep em wondering.

You may say it's a waste for my car to be driven by me but I won't be selling - I love it.

I'd really like to do the dyno day but I doubt i'll be able to make it (more probably ok on a saturday). Be really interested to see how close this printout that says '294 bhp at the rear wheels' really is.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts