Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
bla
17,374 Posts
:rofl:

how can you get experience when noone will give you the chance......

·
Registered
733 Posts
Y'know, in this world there are those who can spell and those who can't, some where they have no control over this, i.e. dyslexia.

Seems to me we get a lot of comment on people's ability to spell, or their grammar, which doesn't really do a lot for making the forum a friendly, tolerant place to be.

Any way 'Rusky', A-plan, give 'am a go!

·
bla
17,374 Posts
calm down caset... They wasnt taking the piss in anyway... Think you got the wrong end of the stick....

·
Seasoned Member
4,504 Posts
Its probably lack of experience in driving powerful rear wheel drive cars mate. As everyone else has said. Try a-plan :D

·
Shiney blingy bling bling!!
562 Posts
Wasn't taking the **** in anyway what so ever. The wife suffers from a slight case of dyslexia....so if you do mate, I'm sorry.

·
Registered
733 Posts
calm down caset... They wasnt taking the piss in anyway... Think you got the wrong end of the stick....
It's okay, :sorry: how things are written and how they are read can be very different, appeared like a p*ss take, if it wasn't I apologise.

·
R32 2 R33 2 R34 ZTUNE PLZ
382 Posts
It does seem to be a common question these days,with insurance companies.I suppose they have to cover there backs.But as said you have to start somewhere,so it becomes difficult.
When i was trying to insurance for my 200sx s13 about 5 years ago,many companies wouldnt touch me as they said Calibra's, GTE's and Bluebirds where not in the same level as sporty Japanese cars. And it took me days and days to find a company whom would touch me.
Even ringing round a couple of weeks ago many asked which cars i have had.
So good luck, but as said by others there will be someone who will insure you,just a matter of consant phone calls.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I had a very similar situation about 2 months ago when I went from a Saab 9000cse to a gts-t I got a really negative response from AF, like what cars had you driven even when I told them I had previously owned an xr4i, xr4x4 cosworth Granada etc. and of course a Saab which was rated 200bhp (book spec) they still replied with go and insure a Subaru or an evo then come back. What a response totally un-professional.

Well I then joined this forum which has proved to be an endless fountain of knowledge for which I am really grateful. Any way I contacted A-plan and quoted this site. What a difference great company great people to deal with. For £15 they even provided cover for the test drive what more can you ask for. A really professional company .
My insurance was for a 33yr male with full NCD and a clean licence the cost of fully comp insurance was £510.00 not bad I thought.

Best of luck

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
:rofl:

how can you get experience when noone will give you the chance......
Lie :spank: say you've had anything with some power, DAMN I said I had a Z3 (TYPICAL HAIRDRESSERS CAR) they were happy with that :cheers:

·
Diesel Powered RB25
5,954 Posts
it's true it's getting started that's the hard part sadly.

i also had the same problem when insuring my 300zx tt when i was 20 found norwich union surprisingly friendly at the time

Good luck with the search hope u get it resolved. And can start enjoyin the same skyline smile we all do.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I work in insurance so get to see both sides.

One side you have a pissed off customer ranting and raving you wont insure.

On the flip side you have the one they took a chance on who did piss about, cause an accident, cost the company thousands and thousands of pounds in repairs, legal fees, compensation claims and loss of earnings etc.

Everyonee says they wont piss about or have a prang but we buy the motors for the performance aspect.

Unfortunately its based on statistical risk and is not too dissimilar in theory to some random person asking me for my keys. I'd say no, wouldnt you??

Makes it a pain to get insurance yes but you have to look at both sides. I'd rather keep my car as i have it than have it spanked and in the same way the insurance company would rather refuse cover on a 1-2k policy which could cost them a claim in the tens of thousands.

Good luck with the hunt though....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
its there way of saying sod of cos your an epilectic but there not allowed to say that now

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
aplan have been brill great quote 1 small dilemer thow they want a cat1 immobiliser fitted and im a poor carer and aint got much money

1 - 20 of 30 Posts