Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
remap and set up (and now graph pictures)

Just got back from frankenstein motorsport after having my car rolling road tuned/remapped, soon as i got there i showed steve the print out when i bought the car it said [email protected] and the previous owner said that at 1.2bar its 426bhp (which soon turned out to be an impossible figure), looking through the first dyno sheet he started to explain what all the dips in the lines meant and what the points meant, so we did a power run to see how accurate the 356bhp was it pulled 311bhp (not happy), then we checked the mapping on the apexi power fc hand controller he showed me the fuelling and it was runnig rich,lean,rich,lean all the way up the revs and not holding boost properly and the timing was out as well, so steve started remapping and adjusting everything, he set up my HKS evc as well so it runs properly now, 3 hours later we did another power run this time she pulled [email protected] @ 6273rpm @ 1.1bar, i was happy!! we compared the two graphs and it showed at 5000 revs before the remap i was only pulling 280bhp after the remap she was pullin 345bhp, a massive increase, the two graphs show such a difference all the way up the revs, we then went out on a road test and needless to say there was a huge difference the car felt so much better so much smoother holding power, driving so different i was very happy by the this point apart from the fact i was in the passenger seat watching him having fun in my chair lol, im very happy with the work he did and the way he talked me through everything and showed me everything as well rather than just saying here its done the last mapping was crap so hers the bill, now i understand the mapping better and no what all the gauges should read and understand my car better.

Now just got to go to clean the car and go have some fun tomorrow!!

·
bla
17,374 Posts
well at least youll be able to smoke the sl55 now next time, lol....

always take what sellers say with a pinch of salt, unless they have proof...
i did think that a 430bhp should of whooped the merc...
you go have fun mate :)

p.s what mods do you have???

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HKS forged pistons, HKS induction kit, uprated fuel pump, nismo airflow meter, xs power tubular manifold, xspower downpipe, kakimoto exhaust,750cc injectors, HKS GT2535 turbo, apexi power FC + hand controller, HKS electronic valve controller, ARC FMIC, there the bits you can see (obviously not the pistons but i saw the bore cam report!) everything else were not sure on as the seller is "waiting for his mapper to print him out receipts", ive been told though by numerous tuners that if you go to the effort of putting forged pistons in you would've done the rods and head gasket but as we cant see any of that he told me not to push it above 1.1bar.

I am a little gutted that the 430 figure was a total lie but it does make sense with the mods and the boost levels that 430 is a long way away.

Sayin that though i am pleased that now i no its mapped properly and running right!

·
bla
17,374 Posts
sounds right (power output against mods..) Must of been running like a right dog at 311bhp...:doh:
Glad its sorted :)

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well to me it didnt feel that bad, when i was flooring it (which is never because i always stick to speed limits) it did feel abit up and down but i thought that was just because on the air/fuel gauge it was over fuelling alot, i never expected the timing and air flow to be out as well, i thought the HKS evc was set up correctly but i was wrong on that as well!!

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
these are the graphs....

the one i was given (356)..

this is the first one from today (311bhp)

this is after the remap (371bhp)

this is the two over lapped and compared..

as you can see by the two compared theres a big increase!

·
bla
17,374 Posts
massive increase and a smoother power curve... Spot on mate :D

·
Registered
613 Posts
that first graph is just shocking, how can anyone be proud of that!!!!!

last graph looks sweet, what was the afr at wot after the remap?

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Very good increase dan.

If its had forged pistons put i would be VERY surprised it hasnt got an uprated headgasket!! As for rods or anything else a lot of people dont do that.

Even on a std headgasket but with forged pistons i'd definately run it at 1.2bar, knowing me i'd prob even push it to 1.3bar.

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
that first graph is just shocking, how can anyone be proud of that!!!!!

last graph looks sweet, what was the afr at wot after the remap?
reads 11.5 now, were as before the re-map it ranged from 10 - 10.8 depending what gear i was in

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very good increase dan.

If its had forged pistons put i would be VERY surprised it hasnt got an uprated headgasket!! As for rods or anything else a lot of people dont do that.

Even on a std headgasket but with forged pistons i'd definately run it at 1.2bar, knowing me i'd prob even push it to 1.3bar.
Really? im to scared of the cost if i do raise it and blow the headgasket though! Im trying to get hold of the previous owner to see if he no's if its been done if it has then it'll definatly go back in and the boost raised!!!

·
AKA RSP
4,762 Posts
I`v run 1.3b with no problems before but It will not make much difference on a GT2535 as I doubt it would hold it. Most I see drop off as the turbos a little small. Great responce though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts