Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to save time and money if i was to get my car remapped, what stage one mods should i get so that it can all be done at the same time?

i was thinking of apexi induction filters, z32 afms, japspeed intercooler, japspeed, downpipe, japspeed full exhaust and decat. opionions on this and what else should i get prior to remap?

could i also have it to run on 95ron from the remap?

cheers
jaz

·
Belgium/Netherlands Area Rep
2,060 Posts
i'd add a boost controller to the list
japspeed intercooler on a 32 GTR , whats wring with the standard IC ?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
if you want z32's mate selling some on ebay mate and you aint far off with the mods

·
1,540 Posts
No need to get a bigger intercooler as the lads have said.
For stage1:
Exhaust
Decat
Downpipe
Elbows (32 one's are very restrictive)
Apexi pod filters...yes.
Z32's hmmm.... yes.
Boost controller
Good ecu would be adviseable;)

UPGRADE YOUR CLUTCH!!

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol u just thought it would be needed. this is my first car with a turbo so im a bit new to the tuning side of things.

so ditch the cooler, and get a boost controller. what are elbows? what ecu would you suggest?

cheers
jaz

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Try some cooler running plugs and a performance downpipe too:bounce:

Elbows are what run directly from the turbos and then bolt to the down pipe

·
AKA RSP
4,762 Posts
The spec for what I would call a full stage one GTR are :-

Full exhaust system
Decat
Downpipe
Induction
Boost Controler
ECU Remap

This will see 380-420 @ 1.0b of boost depending on engine condition and fuel used.

I would not bother with intercooler as the standard intercooler is good for 550bhp. No point fitting afm`s until you fit bigger turbos as the standard one will not max out on standard turbos.

Richard

·
I don't do twisties!!
1,541 Posts

Full exhaust system
Decat
Downpipe
Induction
Boost Controler
ECU Remap

This will see 380-420 @ 1.0b of boost depending on engine condition and fuel used.

I would not bother with intercooler as the standard intercooler is good for 550bhp. No point fitting afm`s until you fit bigger turbos as the standard one will not max out on standard turbos.

Richard
Exactly as I was about to say. My spec is as above, still on standard AFMs and standard intercooler.
I fitted an Apexi Power FC and Abbey motorsport mapped it running 1 bar of boost. It made 360 at the hubs, I imagine that's somewhere just over 400 at the flywheel, depending on the dyno.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Full exhaust system
Decat
Downpipe
Induction
Boost Controler
ECU Remap

Richard
sounds good mate.

this is what i have in mind now, japspeed system and decat, japspeed downpipes, elbows, apexi induction kit, boost controller and a remap.

who sells elbows?
what boost controller do you reccomend?
can it be mapped to run on 95 ron or is this not adviseable?

cheers
jaz

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
dont think japspeed do the GTR elbows atm but try "showoff imports" in the traders section they sell them and at a good price too

·
AKA RSP
4,762 Posts
I would not bother with the elbows until you change the turbos as you will have to remove the turbos to fit the elbows and its not a 5 min job!

We use gizzmo boost controlers as they are a decent price and work well.

You can map it on any fuel you wish but in general the lower the octane the lower the power/torque.

Richard

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol think il leave the elbows on then. what fuel would you reccomend me mapping it on considering its a daily driver?

cliff j what this apexi power fc thing you mentioned?

would i have to upgrade anything in the fuel system for these stage 1 mods? i.e. fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator?

cheers
jaz

·
AKA RSP
4,762 Posts
We always recomend Shell but it can be on whatever fuel want to use.

Apexi Power FC is a standalone ecu that allows the car to be remaped. They are a great bit of kit. You can also reprogram the standard ecu which saves even more money :)

Standard fuel system should be fine for stage 1 as long as everything else is working correctly.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sorted cant thank you enough for your advice richard and everyone else. i am a bit more clued up now.

il leave the stock ecu, intercooler and fuel system and just get the full exhaust system including downpipe and decat, apexi filters, boost controller and a remap.

cheers
jaz

1 - 15 of 15 Posts