Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got my new coil packs today and plugs so i,ve started to remove all bits to do the job and whilst removing the top intake pipe (with the dump valve on) i have noticed that someone has blocked it up with a wrag!!!
After removing the wrag i realised that the valve was obviously always in the open position!
Why would they have done this? is it just a mistake? also what effect would this have had on the car?
Anyone any idea's?

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Jeez, people doin some real sh*t to some cars. :eek:

If that BOV is a piston type one and they blocked it with the wrag so it was fully open all the time normal effect would be that it was blowing air out under boost. With this air having been measured by the AFM already but not entering the combustion chamber the car should be running way to rich resulting in misfiring, holding back, backfiring, power down, whatever you wanna call it.

Was it running perfectly fine then? Did you not notice any unusual things?

·
skid works!
124 Posts
Jeez, people doin some real sh*t to some cars. :eek:

If that BOV is a piston type one and they blocked it with the wrag so it was fully open all the time normal effect would be that it was blowing air out under boost. With this air having been measured by the AFM already but not entering the combustion chamber the car should be running way to rich resulting in misfiring, holding back, backfiring, power down, whatever you wanna call it.

Was it running perfectly fine then? Did you not notice any unusual things?
Not so as this is a recirulating bov,by the look of it so air is still metered,looks like some one has done some work in the past and left the rag in there,no other reason for it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Strange you should say that because thats why i,m changing coil packs and plugs.

·
Seasoned Member
1,199 Posts
god dam half a job jhons ..... there is some animals out there. at least the wrag didnt do any serious damge

wardy

·
Seasoned Member
1,026 Posts
Yeah looks like a mistake to me, someone has stuck it in and forgot to take it back out after job was completed. You had the car long? Amazing that it wasn’t causing any noticeable running issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts