Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ripped my hicas out this weekend. was actually quite an easy job (as long as you have the right tools). i used this guide...

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=185697&pid=3705051&st=0&#entry3705051

it means there is no capping of the lines and no need to take the pump apart, you simply need to get hold of a length of rubber hose and some jubilee clips.

haven't had the rear wheels aligned yet, but spent quite a while doing it by eye and it's driving much nicer now. will be getting them aligned properly this weekend.

if anyone wants any info or pics let me know :)

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
didn't finish till 1 in the morning on sunday so couldn't be bothered to take pics then, but will do it this weekend. only downside of doing it is i've noticed i'm in desperate need of 2 rear tyres and a rear wheel bearing. maybe i should stop driving sideways lol

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Would like to know what it feels like when taken off your 33 Dave.. If its better or not...

·
bla
17,374 Posts
i will let you know when it removed mate, might put my front mount on first thou
What????!!! You not put it on yet ?!?!?! :screwy: Lol... Put it on before Sat :D You coming down again?? Guys meet..

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i have mine to do mate so how longdid it take you
took about 4 hours start to finish for 2 of us, but the first hour of that was spent looking at everything and trying to make sure we fully understood what pipe we needed to cut and whether it would definately work. last thing i wanted to do was cut the pipe or swap the bar and realise it wouldn't work.

oh and about a half hour to root through my dad's workshop to find a suitable bit of pipe too.

if you've got an aftermarket exhaust (and maybe a standard one) you'll need to take off the piece that passes over the hicas bar at the back, otherwise it's impossible to get any movement with the 32mm spanner you need to use to undo the bar. so it's probably best to wd40 the exhaust bolts a while before you start to save shearing any bolts!

i can vouch for the guide i posted tho, follow that and you shouldn't go wrong :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
took about 4 hours start to finish for 2 of us, but the first hour of that was spent looking at everything and trying to make sure we fully understood what pipe we needed to cut and whether it would definately work. last thing i wanted to do was cut the pipe or swap the bar and realise it wouldn't work.
QUOTE]

my head still hurts!!!

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well you save some weight, which is always a good thing, but it just stops the rear wheels steering. if you've ever had the car sideways and noticed the hicas trying to interfere it'll stop all that! my car feels more 'direct' now, if that makes any sense. i much prefer it, it's made the car more predictable when i'm driving spiritedly

1 - 20 of 40 Posts