Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a Japspeed Twin Silenced, Im struggling to remove the bung from teh backbox....

Anyone got any home made devices that I would be able to make up to get the bung out?

Or what have you used to get teh bung out, its in there tighter than a ducks arse...

K

·
0 Posts
Cant say for a japspeed exhaust but every other one ive ever seen is held in place with a bolt, not wanting to seem patronising or anything but have you looked underneath if there is one? normally take that out and they slide striaght out

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cant say for a japspeed exhaust but every other one ive ever seen is held in place with a bolt, not wanting to seem patronising or anything but have you looked underneath if there is one? normally take that out and they slide striaght out
LOL, yep I have removed the retaining nut/screw

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the same problem with mine Blitzer - What i did - i had some domestic twin and earth wiring knocking about and made a crude hook with the end. Stuck it in the pipe + hooked the bung. Came right out with a good tug.
how did you "hook" the bung?

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
tie one end of the wire around a rats tail, then kick it as far down the exhaust as you can, start the engine and it will naturally run back out, hooking the bung in the process.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL, sorry I have already tried that its stuck in there VERY tight!!! Ive managed to get hold of a trolley jack handle with a t at the end im sure this will do the trick!!!!

PMSL, use a rats tail....

·
Registered
732 Posts
I use the end of a trolley jack handle ( with the little pin bit ) to slide into the bung and gentle tap/pull till it comes out, ( on my Japspeed twin silencer system ).

·
Registered
732 Posts
Opps, sorry just realised thats what you said ! works for me everytime, hopefully you too !

·
Alloy Junkie
2,499 Posts
What about a good old fashioned coat hanger?

It might be eazier when its hot....doesnt mean it will be safer right enough :p

·
Registered
92 Posts
They are quite tight!! i got mine out with the tool i use to jack up my jack! worked a treat, its just a bar with a metal hook at one end.

Quality exhaust!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I eventually had to get a steel 10mm hex rod and get a nut welded to the end of it, so it could hook the end of the bung. It took 5 minutes hitting a hammer to the other end to come out. It was VERY tight...

·
Registered
458 Posts
I eventually had to get a steel 10mm hex rod and get a nut welded to the end of it, so it could hook the end of the bung. It took 5 minutes hitting a hammer to the other end to come out. It was VERY tight...
Sh*t... reckon i'm gonna be going down that route then too... can't seem to shift the bung outta mine at all :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts