Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sure if this is the right forum area for this question but I cant access to the back of an aftermarket alpine stereo to find an aux input socket. can i get keys that will fit in either side of the unit to release it from the cage? which ones will i need, micra ones? or will i have to remove half the dashboard as ive heard thats a way of getting to the back of it too.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are there no radio keys like on a normal car which you slot in on both sides to slide the radio out the tray?
r33 gtst M 'reg

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
2 bolts screw in either side of the radio to hold it in place in mine anyway. Think the R33 is more or less the same. You have to take out the centre of the dash.

·
Registered
530 Posts
You need both probably, you take the gearlever surround off, then the panel for the radio, that gives you access to the cage, then you may need the keys and/or a screwdriver. I'm sure in the tech section there's a "how to" guide, and I have keys for a sony headunit so if they help let me know and I'll post up. (Do a search on t'internet and you may find which keys will/won't fit)

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
the standard fiment parts dont hold a radio cage,hence the keys not working

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So no keys will work? Oh, that sucks. Guess im gonna have to risk breaking my dashboard then to get to the back of the head unit. ive seen the tutorial just thought there might be a quicker way with they keys...bummer

·
User of V-power
1,112 Posts
It is easy and once your used to it a 5 min job, if your carefull you dont need to take out the whole dash.

Cheers
Dazzler

·
Registered
220 Posts
No risk in breaking the dash...
Remove gearknob, pull out ashtray remove 1 or 2 screws. (depends on GTR/GTT apparently).
Pull up the gear mesh + plastic. Will come off easy.
Two new screws to remove to unlock the dash.
Then just pull it off. Now you'll find 2 screws at bottom + 2 at top.
I have mine pulled apart atm

Sorry for the large pics...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts