Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
FTO
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the weathers improving nows the time to plasti-dip that grill black. Checked out some videos and searched forums etc. Pop pins and clips, no problem but those 2 clips on the top left and right that's connected to the bumper inbetween the grill and headlights, cannot get it out!

Been jiggling, twisting, squeezing etc you name it with no success. Too scared I'll break something at this point so what's the trick? Feel stupid asking but better than destroying it!

·
Registered
107 Posts
There sprung clips they don't come out, you lever them sideways if I remember correctly towards the headlight.

I used a flat edged screw driver, it's a bit fiddly.

·
It's not just a skyline, it's family
687 Posts
Buy a spare grill and dip that, then you dont have to worry tooo much about damaging yours :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Highland/North Scotland Area Rep
4,159 Posts
Looking good, need to take mine off and give it another coat, be careful what you wash the car with for a while I managed to strip a little of the plastic dip from mine... Opppss

·
Registered
134 Posts
Looks good. I had my grill painted black when I had my car repainted, so I wouldn't have to worry about. How long does the plastidip on the grill last anyway?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts