1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
350GT Auto
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, advise needed again.
whats your views on buying a repaired cat "C" 350GT
front end was damaged wing and bumper.
It has been repaired by a body shop and is now up for sale.
I am quite interested but need some guidance as to whether its the right thing to do. I know on imports you never know what has happened in Japan so you could buy one thats not cat c in UK but had beed damaged overseas.

Any advise on what you think appreciated.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
it depends on the price of the car and the quality of the inspection you have on it. You can buy a straight car from about 8K so would have to be very cheap to even consider.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
thing is insurance companies will write them off without a blink of a eye these days due to uneconomical to repair , these cars are worth nothing these days , go back 18 mths different story , we had a prang the repair bill was £8k for a VERY minor side swipe , they would write the car off these days

see here
http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86230&highlight=POLISH

a door was nearly a grand ,

if it was minor damage say a wing , bumper and it was just a uneconomical repair you have to weight it up you get what should be cheap car, and it will always be cheap , what kills the resell value of these is the £400 road tax (pre IVA cars )

if its back on the road it should have a certificate , it can be removed off the register though

you need to see a copy of the report

·
Registered
37 Posts
If this was the one in silver that was from the East London area, then I have bought it. It only had nearside wing damage and front bumber - no structural damage at all. Why it got CAT-C I can't see. I have had it alignment checked and it is spot on. It drivers like a dream and the GPR front body kit makes it look more butch than the standard. I am very happy with it.

Chewy

·
350GT Auto
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is the same car. It had the GTR front end. I checked it on HPI and it came back accident damage but when I phoned VOSA they said it wasnt on their data base. The guy did say it could take up to 6 month as some insurance companies were slow. and if it did eventually go on the VOSA register I would have to get it inspected as fit for the road. this is what put me off buying it.
Hope it is good for you and I am sure it will give you loads of pleasure.

·
Registered
37 Posts
This is the same car. It had the GTR front end. I checked it on HPI and it came back accident damage but when I phoned VOSA they said it wasnt on their data base. The guy did say it could take up to 6 month as some insurance companies were slow. and if it did eventually go on the VOSA register I would have to get it inspected as fit for the road. this is what put me off buying it.
Hope it is good for you and I am sure it will give you loads of pleasure.
Hi, Thanks for letting me know.

Chewy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts