Skyline Owners Forum banner

241 - 260 of 272 Posts

·
Allkiller No Filler
1,253 Posts
Bugger!

Can't see how you'd get an OEM finish by replacing the perspex on the AC (it's contoured) and the clock perspex is fixed in place and would need to be "persuaded" to come out?
not so ....it works yes the original is contoured, but you just dont notice its flat now....and it come out easy

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi, can someone put a picture up to show roughly what shade perspex is best for the a/c and clock please. I know it's not expensive for a sheet from ebay, but I don't really want to buy one that's useless.

Thanks, Ben

·
Registered
510 Posts
I know this post stretches back a bit, but as most of the links are no longer available thought i might tell you how i have done mine. Now this is the good bit, to do my dash and triple gauges from the standard light blue to red cost me £5.00 or there abouts. I got the bulbs a local garage, they were supplied from unipart part no GLB 809636 they are a 12v 2.3w T5 bulb. once the silicone sleeves have been put on it dims them slightly but they are just as bright as originals. The silicone sleeves of which come in packs of 8,
4 T10's and 4 T5's so you will need 2 packs. These were supplied from Redline maxed they cost £2.49 per pack. I used some of the spare T10 sleeves to do the ignition, cig lighter, i know they are way to big to fit the bulb but do fit in if you slip it in to the hole then put the bulb holder back in it will work. Just got the small swiches to do now, i can get them bulbs from Maplins. Then its onto the usual problem of the heater control screen, of which i wish i had sorted when i replaced the bulbs to illuminate the switches. I am going to take a few pics of what i have done so far, i hope this rather long post has been a help to you as i haven't seen any pics where led's were used that i would be happy with, i am only talking a little niggle but its enough for me not ot go that root, can't beat a standard bulb for an even spread.

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #246

·
Serendipity
166 Posts
all the clocks look amazing, im now wondering if i can do mine in purple..........

·
Allkiller No Filler
1,253 Posts
Bulbs for the clocks...and then Theatre lighting gel ( its light transparent tracing paper only heat resistance and in various colours) will do the job on the clock a/c etc...ask at a local theatre its not very expensive very easy to cut and will slip in behind the gauge face easily blue from green is easy if you want red etc its not so easy as the crystal display is green...put red gel in front of green and you get brown yuck ....its all about light spectrum...remember from school.

Its not Gel like in your Barnet, as someone asked me:rofl:

·
1996 R33 GTS-T
670 Posts
Ok this thread is VERY long and old i kinda wish someone could update the first post

can someone help me out here as im not too sure i got all this right.

I saw some bulbs on ebay that i think will be a drop in fit for the climate controll and gauges.

can you guys please help me out in deciding which to order?

for gauges T10 168 194 bulbs right?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-x-T10-168-194-W5W-Car-High-Power-White-20-SMD-LED-Wedge-Light-Bulb-Lamp-12V-/230730733110?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item35b89f9636#ht_4689wt_1396

do these sound too cheap to be any good?

Climate controll T5 Neo Wedge?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/T5-1-SMD-Neo-Wedge-LED-bulbs-Dashboard-Gauges-Red-/220711484737?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item33636dfd41#ht_2408wt_1163

something like that, havent decided yet

and also, someone please tell me what bulb the ignition ring and lighter use?

And is there any way to make the clock and climate screens white? or is that impossible since the stock color is green? If its not possible, ill settle for blue or red, what exactly do i need?

is it this kinda stuff?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/A4-size-Acrylic-RED-Perspex-210-x-297-x-3mm-Sheet-/250862681427?pt=AU_Building_Materials&hash=item3a6894bd53#ht_1929wt_1163

what color will i need to achieve any of the aforementioned colors?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Well its only been 6 months now and i am not happy as it seems i have lost all the colour from the sleeves covering the bulbs, i will have to get one out to have a look. The only problem i have found with leds for my car is that they give a patchy light spread so thats why i went the sleeve route. So its back to the drawing board to find another solution.

Moogle as i have a R34 i can't help you sorry matey.

·
seasoned member
1,918 Posts
Well its only been 6 months now and i am not happy as it seems i have lost all the colour from the sleeves covering the bulbs, i will have to get one out to have a look. The only problem i have found with leds for my car is that they give a patchy light spread so thats why i went the sleeve route. So its back to the drawing board to find another solution.

Moogle as i have a R34 i can't help you sorry matey.
Spend the extra cash and get the LEDs off of the guy from oz I have them the light is fantastic and they are as bright now as the first day I put them in.

Sent from my iPad using my little fingers

·
seasoned member
1,918 Posts
air con and clocks
Already on this thread mate I will try n get a link posted up for ya you will need to buy 2 lots of bulbs if you want to do the air on like mine and be willing to take stuff appar but it's worth it as you can see

Sent from my iPad using my little fingers

·
Registered
436 Posts
I used this SMD conversion kit. I have had no problems with it and would highly recommend.

I have the plasma dials so not sure about the bulbs in the instrument cluster but would assume they would be just as good.

EDIT: Oops... forgot to add the link :sorry: LINK

·
1996 R33 GTS-T
670 Posts
I used this SMD conversion kit. I have had no problems with it and would highly recommend.

I have the plasma dials so not sure about the bulbs in the instrument cluster but would assume they would be just as good.

EDIT: Oops... forgot to add the link :sorry: LINK
oooh thanks allot for that link!

that eliminates ALL the headache of guessing!!

getting that right away!

241 - 260 of 272 Posts