Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the rear arches on my 32 are shot. Been ignoring the fact for a while now but since the back has been on axle stands for a fortnight and ive been painting the subframes/suspension arms a bit at a time and picking at them a little every time i see them i now have a sliver about 1" by 3" missing, front side just before it joins the skirt.

So, due to lack of funds i am thinking of doing a fibregalss and filler repair to tide me through til next year when i can afford a proper fix but the information gathering starts here.

Quarterpanels - From my research so far, this means from the roof, down the rear screen pillar, from boot to door. Correct?

Or does it? - Saw a set of FRP GTR ones selling recently that seemed to only go down the swathe line(?)(line that runs down the length of the car?) boot to door?

If i found a car with good rear arches? - Could i just get them to cut out the offending area, basically only the arch itself, and have it cut and re-welded then sprayed over to save as much of the original paint and car as possible?

Like i say, temporary fixes are most imminent even if it only lasts half a year but all input on the problem apreciated.

:cheers:

·
Registered
801 Posts
The quarter panel on skylines is nearly half the side of the car and i dont know of any repair sections you can get in this country which is a shame. chopping them of a car is probley the best opion or maybe get some steel arch repair panels for a different car and weld those on. check out your local motor factors. good luck.

·
Always sideways
4,270 Posts
I can only point out to you that FRP wings/arches are likely to be a nightmare to fit - mine were! It ended up costing me a fortune to have the wings fitted to the car (the drivers side was the worst) and there is no way I could have done the work myself - even one of the bodyshop guys said he'd never have managed without the other's expertise!

I don't see why you couldn't find a set in decent nick from a breakers and simply have yours replaced. When I was looking for parts I fired off a PM to the boys at AlltorqueUK, they had everything I needed, but in the end I got brand new bits.

Good luck. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts