Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a lot of you guys know we have instated various reps for different regions to run meets, brag runs, convoys to shows etc etc :dogpile:

Please remember to regulary check in and see whats going on in your region and dont hesitate to PM your local rep any ideas you have.

The main reason for this post is to ask if any of you feel your area isnt covered well enough i.e the nearest rep organising anything is over an hour away etc :feedback:

If so post up or send Me or Big-Chief a PM.:cheers:

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and if anyone fancies being a rep there's currently 2 positions available See Here

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
one of which is the north east rep. Though im not giving up, i know that my time is going to be limited over the coming months due to work. so anyone inthe north east area who wants to get involved and organise any meetings/events either gimme a shout or speak to any of the guys.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Don't mean to sound pedantic, but. There is only one rep for the midlands, and it seems that the midlands is quite a big area.

I live in hereford, which isn't that close to most areas of wales, and definiatley not close to the areas of relevance in the midlands.

Is it asking to much for the midlands to be split into, the west, east and central? Especially with birmingham being in the west and being such a big geographical area.

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't mean to sound pedantic, but. There is only one rep for the midlands, and it seems that the midlands is quite a big area.

I live in hereford, which isn't that close to most areas of wales, and definiatley not close to the areas of relevance in the midlands.

Is it asking to much for the midlands to be split into, the west, east and central? Especially with birmingham being in the west and being such a big geographical area.
Dont worry bud you dont sound pedantic, i but this thread up for everyone to reply to as we want to cover everyone and all ideas are greatly welcome.

I do appreciate the midlands is a massive area and splitting it would be a good idea, but unless there's the members out there and in the area to warrant it its just not worth doing it as we'd have unused forums and reps with no one attending their meets lol
As soon as we realise and see the people out there were activate it.

As for your local rep that would be koh who's based in south wales just under an hour away from you i've asked him to comment and pop on here cause i'm unsure as to where he holds his meets, if it is over an hour away then we can look into arranging a rep for your area.

i dont have a clue who there is fo0r cambridgeshire......?
As far as i'm aware i dont think we have a rep for your area, i'm just asking the guys, so maybe its an area we need to look into in activating a rep for your area.

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
there will be meets at cardiff services at junction 30,and hopefully some in brecon,as i cover all of wales i need to chose somehere not just central for us in south wales

·
Registered
324 Posts
there will be meets at cardiff services at junction 30,and hopefully some in brecon,as i cover all of wales i need to chose somehere not just central for us in south wales
Brecon would be good for me, 45 mins drive. Could also see what i can do about cardiff too if a meet comes up.

However, i keep my eyes on the events threads, but i can't remember seeing any threads about up coming meets, be that within the wales area or anywhere relatively close to me in the midlands.

I would love to go to some kind of meet, just waiting for one to come up.

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chief-long-shin your closest rep is Mrs Banter who's based in stevenage, again i've asked her to post on this thread as i'm unsure as to where she holds her meets, plus if you also could post where your based in cambridgeshire so we can work out how far the meet would be from you.

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Brecon would be good for me, 45 mins drive. Could also see what i can do about cardiff too if a meet comes up.

However, i keep my eyes on the events threads, but i can't remember seeing any threads about up coming meets, be that within the wales area or anywhere relatively close to me in the midlands.

I would love to go to some kind of meet, just waiting for one to come up.
Sounds like you need to get a meet on the go koh lol:cheers:

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
well if you guys are up for a meet then your welcometo come to the weekender in brean. saintsman it should take you about 1hr15mins to get there (76 miles) if your up for it. koh would love it if you can get some of your regulars as well.
had bigc82 asking about coming to this and he's from bellshill near glasgow( he must be on holiday down here!!! )
all the info for this is in the events section

·
Legend
2,457 Posts
nothing in Gloucestershire ( apart from water and empty pipes) need something closer than the SW nearest meet so far Weston SM :disappointed:

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Koh is doing a Brecon (A40) and cardiff meet bud which are both about an hour from you? if you speak to koh and let him know your interested in attending meets then he can adjust the meeting points for next time to be a bit more your direction.

For the southern meets we cover from the other side of poole to the otherside of portsmouth which from one end to the other is about 2 hours, but we try and arrange meets in the middle so everone has the same distance to cover.

·
Kerb Seeker
2,773 Posts
i dont have a clue who there is fo0r cambridgeshire......?
that would be me!! We're having a meet on 5th August in Stevenage. We have one on the 1st sunday of every month and i move it each month. If this is to far i will try to make next months closer to you.

·
Registered
812 Posts
looking foward to seeing some north east meets , pref s.yorkshire. will be keeping a close eye on this, i reckon each rep a#should have a list a people in his/her area and mass pm them when these meets are on (not asking to much is it)

im new this all this so forgive me if i sound like a bell end lol

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
no i think thats good idea PP. The only problem ive got is time, and thats why i havent organised anything other than two rolling road days.

I dont mind liasing and helping out but honestly i aint gonna be able to be all thats pro active on actually setting things up from scratch due to work.

a list of members in our areas would be handy indeed.

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We are on the case of sorting you out some help HESH, if anyone fancies the job again SEE HERE

I'm near Peterborough so i think your looking at a good hour or so's drive to stevenage. None covering cambs, lincs, norfolk then?
Looks like this is definately one area we need cover for.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts