Skyline Owners Forum banner

Reservoir Coolant and Headlight

540 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Laura Richards 
#1 ·
Hi
Have a 2006 GT V35 Skyline. Have been reading forums on low levels in the reservoir tank. Just noticed mine low for the first time. Am in Australia and wondering what coolant to use. I think it should be green and ethylene glycol? Seen US brands but would like to know the Aussie equal or the best recommendation. Interestingly, I am also in need of a front RHD headlight and ballast. Maybe the guys played around with the res tank when looking at the headlight? Any way thanks for your help ;-) And if you have the right headlight I am interested to know. Thanks

#2 ·
Hello and welcome, first off the coolant is much of a muchness most will be fine with the exception of the orange type as that can cause some thickening and can inhibit flow but most can be mixed but the easy option is to go with the same colour most of the older Jap cars will run the older type of green ,blue or red without the new fanged so called service life extenders using silicates and inorganic/organic acids.

As for the headlight ballast they can still be found 350Z ballast is also interchangeable i have also used aftermarket ballasts.

Reactions: Laura Richards
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.