Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI guys , I have just put an intercooler in my 33 with HKS intake and i haven't reset the ECU, also, my battery died and the wheels were not straight, now the HICAS light comes on occasionally and the car pulls to the left. Can anyone help with what i should do, I have read that i should reset the ECu and that should do it? sorry, just I dont know much at all about this stuff, any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
25,964 Posts
for the hicas light park the car on level ground with the wheels straight ahead disconnect the battery and press the brake to remove any residual power from the electrics after a minute reconnect battery and take for a hard drive, reason being so the ecu can relearn so have fun mate:dogpile:

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
i done something similiar but had to reset the ecu about 4 times lols,you should also put your lights on to make sure all electric power gets out.)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi again, I reset the ECU and HICAS, now it seems there is way more lag and the car seems to missfire every now and then when a step on it. DO i just keep resetting the ECU or do you know what could be the problem?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Don't know about that but maybe you need to leave it running for about 10/15 minutes then 10/15 with the lights on than 10/15 with the airco.
To let the ecu learn how it needs to be set ideal at idle.

Don't know how long you left it running?
But it just takes somme time to let it learn, especialy when installed new mods.

·
bla
17,374 Posts
As pete said....

Once reseting ecu, let it stand for 15 mins, then after that go out and thrash it...
Which fmic did you buy? Does it have a nipple for the actuator??

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got a K.L.S power spirit FMIC, I will try leave it running after i reset it, I didnt really thrash it after i reset it this afternoon, the problem i am having is that when i acelerate, it seems to lag a bit , and then judders and seems to misfire just a little bit, then goes, it feels like it wants to take off but something is holding it back, do you think it could be because of the std fuel pump? I'm planning on putting in a walbro 255 and fuel reg. are those worthwhile? someone insisted that i get a Bosch 550 but I dont think I need something that serious for now. So to date I have just put in the FMIC, superflow HKS and putting in the GREDDY profec BC this week sometime. I know this may sound stupid but what are coilovers for and do i need to get splitfire ones? sorry, I really dont know much about skylines but am learning so much from this forum. Thanks so much for all the responses, I will have to reset again and try what you guys have said. Much appreciated

·
no fun in straight lines
696 Posts
coilovers are for lowering your suspension m8 nothing to do with spitfires as they are coil packs m8. this has been an interesting thread and im rebuilding my skyline after only having it 2weeks and the engine **** its self so iv a few things to try when i get her going again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts