Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as some of you know or don't I had the car rolling roaded just to see where abouts I was with it, Its not a car specific map so before deciding to go thrashing it about I thought it best to get it checked. Now as it did its run Ben said there was a fair amount of DET after 6000RPM.

Here are the graphs from the run.

I've lowered the boost (haven't really driven it and certainly not past 6000rpm) I was advised to retard the ignition by a few degree's

Now not knowing how to do this, would it be an easy enough job to do myself and is there a guide as i can't seem to find one ?

I'd like to go down to Kent in it saturday but if it's def not a DIY job I'll leave well alone.

Thanks

·
Administrator
25,974 Posts
im sure its just a case of loosening the cas bolts and turning it slightly to retard it :)

·
stuck in the middle .....with you
8,249 Posts
clockwise to retard Yella,FFS dont advance it,best thing to do is find a garage that has a tim ing light and have it set to 15 deg @ 750 rpm with aircon off

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think it would be best for me to take it some where and have them retard it a few degrees for me ! Thanks for repyling :D

Its not a permenant thing its just untill I can get to RSP for a remap !

EDIT : 15 degrees was actually mentioned, Cheers Mark and Jayne

·
stuck in the middle .....with you
8,249 Posts
mark the cas and the cas holder with a line,then slightly loosen the 3 bolts and turn the cas a couple of mm clockwise,you will prob only need 2mm then tighten the bolts,sometimes you may need a small hammer and very very gently tap the cas round,i know a garage over my way that can do the timing if you cant find one,the guy is a genious,he works on all ferraris,lotus and rally cars etc...(also has a rolling road),if you want his info pm me

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not far from you if I remember correctly ?? Details would be great fella. If I can get it done saturday morning that would be ideal.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
would have liked to have got it too yourself Richard to have it remapped but have work right up until christmas :( then the 3 days between christmas and new year so it's going to have to wait until new year now :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts