Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I am a muppet.

Finally floored the car today (when I really shouldn't have), and saw about 7600 rpm (roughly) for about 2 to 3 seconds (I think) on the meter. S-AFC peak recall said 7100 rpm (dunno why, but there is a variance of about 400 rpm between the two above 3000). Questions are....

Where the heck is the Rev Limiter? Presumed it was at 7000 where the red starts,

And,

Is this likely to have caused any damage?

Am feeling like a bit of a tw*t now cos I am worried I may have overdone it.

Somebody make me feel better! (but, be honest, if I'm a muppet then tell me!)

Its an R32 GTS-T.

Cheers

E

·
0 Posts
I`ve only managed to hit the rev limiter once & that was well past redline too. Wouldn`t worry about it the rev limiter is there to stop the engine being pushed beyond its limits. Even if it does come in a bit late. You wont have done any damage at all.
I also doubt you`re the 1st to push it to it limit since its been alive.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah,

Guess thats a good point, it is ten years old so no doubt seen its share of hidings! Wondering if the limiter has been removed though, how do I tell (apart from the obvious method of blowing it up!)?

Going to look for puddles under it shortly just in case....

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Did you get your gerbox oil glitch sorted ? My auto shouldnt ever hit the limiter but I found out how to do it :( . Its a strong old lump of iron we run and I doubt if you have hurt it this time. I cant imagine that the limiter is removed, it may be set higher if the box of electronics has been re-mapped or the like for more boost and all that stuff

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Appears

to be fine, got to run it up to scotland tomorrow so shall find out for sure then!

It does have an F-con and S-AFC installed, wonder if the F-CON has somethin to do with it?

Gearbox oil leak was from the reverse switch on the side of the box, Its been removed and sealed up while I await a new switch (its enroute). Think there was too much oil in the box and the pressure split the plastic on the switch. Just means I have no reverse lights at the moment, which I don't really give a rats ass about!

Not gotten round to fitting the I/C yet, should do it when I am up north. Let you know how it goes!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi,

On my R33 GTR I have also found that the dash rev counter seems to read 3-400rpm higher then the PowerFC or my AVC-R. Maybe a feature by the manufacturer to scare you so you think you are revving more than you acually are but in reality you are well within the limits.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts