Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the car gets warm the revs drop and raise between 700ish and 500, then if i blip the throttle when it is stood still or raise the revs over 1000 rpm say when moving forward in traffic the revs drop right off and nearly (and sometimes ) stalls. Any one got any ideas what could cause this, the only mods are an apexi air filter and cat back exhaust...that i know of anyways as i have just bought the car.

Cheers

Chris

P.S im a noob so hey

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
you got a dump valve fitted ???

IF not then I would suggest cleaning the Air flow sensor.

Mine used to be exactly the same.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No dump valve fitted, how do i clean the air flow sensor?

Chris

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
A alcohol wipe such as IPA would do the job ;)

Also try resseting the ECU.

Disconnect battery and turn lights on to drain all power, reconnect and go for a nice drive to allow your ECU to relearn everything. Sometimes does the trick.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awsome cheers bud.....bit of a noob question but i noticed the battery aint in the engine bay....where the hell is it

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
LOL In the boot behind the false panel at the back.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dunno i aint had chance yet....would electrical/brake cleaner work or do i have to use alcohol wipes only....and if so whats the best ones to use and where can i get em from.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anyone!? i wanna get this sorted before next week

·
Registered
733 Posts
This is what I had recently O2 sensor sorted it, so a clean up or replacement seems about right.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
anyone in the lancaster area fancy helping looks like i could be in over my head hear

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Any one please i need it sorting before i go away on the 17th

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just thinking could it be down to heat soak, it only did it on thursday after a trip to and back from carlisle?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Would i be able to use an AFM off a 300zx or a 200sx as i have mates who have some spair and said i could try one?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
in cleaning the AFM do ya just spray the mesh with a cleaner or is there a way to take the mesh out and clean the sensor inside?

·
User of V-power
1,112 Posts
I had this and it was my Lamda sensor
same here, got a new O2 sensor from the "bay" cost me £17 and sorted the problem. not sure how long the cheap sensor will last though, seems to be ok for the moment..

Cheers
Dazzler

1 - 20 of 22 Posts