Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Noob until taught otherwise :D
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

The rev gauge in my R33 goes a bit mental when there is power in the car, even when the car is turned on. The speedo is fine and shows the correct speed, but the revs go all over the place even when the engine is steady at the same revs.

What could cause this to happen and what could I do to fix it?

The car is a Skyline R33 GST25 with a RB25det and manual conversion with the RB25det gearbox if that makes any difference :)

·
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok so how do I fix that?

Also what do you mean by clocks?

Sorry, I'm a noob for these things :) thanks for your help :)

·
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would figuring out which solders have gone dry and then resoldering them work as a permanent fix?

·
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah if it is classed as interferring with the clocks on the car then it might not be certifiable, which it still needs to have done. Might have to look into getting a certified professional to do it as to eliminate the suspicion that I have wound the clocks back.

·
Everybody knows that the bird is the word
9,198 Posts
Would figuring out which solders have gone dry and then resoldering them work as a permanent fix?
Yes!

Yeah if it is classed as interferring with the clocks on the car then it might not be certifiable, which it still needs to have done. Might have to look into getting a certified professional to do it as to eliminate the suspicion that I have wound the clocks back.
..and no.

It's not interfering, it's repairing. You're not winding the odometer back or anything.
Kinda like saying do you need to go for a new WoF after you've replaced the brake pads.
...and a cert guy won't give much of a **** about the odometer reading anyway, a lot of people have had a broken instrument cluster and replaced it with one showing less kms. It just gets noted down on the WoF sheet that the kms aren't consistent between WoF checks.

An auto sparky can locate and repair dry joints if you can't spot them :) Shame you're not in Aucks, I know of a very good auto sparky. You've got Shred Motorsport down your way, it might be something they'd do!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts