Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the best option to sort the car out from running lean too rich without getting it mapped,i dont like the idea of getting the ecu mapped for silly money dead battery lost map,i prefer to do things myself so what can i buy to sort it? is fitting a safc neo or apexi beyond the experienced diy? please reply with your ideas of items to buy including costs?? thanks lads:)

·
Registered
500 Posts
Supposedly fitting the safc aint that hard. Means splicing into the ecu wiring though, but needs set-up by an expert. Set-up or fitted wrong bye-bye engine!

·
.......P33 TEX.........
2,230 Posts
As per above, as long as you are happy with splicing into the ecu harness then id have a go! but you would have to have the necessary gauges (i.e air/fuel ratio) to help you know whats goin on in the engine,

Then once you have done that just to be sure take it down the road and get someone to stick it on the rollers to check what you have done. Write done the settings incase the battery dies, job done!

Just be very careful!! and Good Luck.

·
East Ireland Area Rep
6,702 Posts
Map remains when power is lost, surely? I'd advise getting it mapped by someone who knows their sh*t; it's a lot cheaper than an engine rebuild... :D
correct, for example the power fc has a eprom that will hold the data for 6months

you could self tune but you would need a wide band o2 sensor and the stuff that goes with it and a EGT gauge too then somebody to help you do it

there is a help guide for self tuning the powerfc if thats the aftermarket ecu of choice that goes into the detail of what you need - mainly a "private road" lol

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oky lads thanks for the feed back its gunna be a garage job then sounds outta hands of a good d.i.y guy,thanks for all your replys:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts