Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Sir Snap a lot
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The sunroof in my car has been leaking and has casued a puddle on the front floor of my car, which has started growing fur.

The car is not on the road so I need a mobile valet, who does a proper job and doesn't bend you over with their price?
I need someone with a wet vac kind of set up to suck the damp out before cleaning.

Any help appreciated :bigthumb:

·
Seasoned Member
941 Posts
You will need to get rid of the dampness after the puddle has been removed. Put a dehumidifier in the car ( there like a plastic tub with silicon beads in, they also make your car smell nice:gay:).
You can get one from any supermarket or Homebase etc. My car was damp after being stood for so long, the windows would mist up while the car was parked. I've put a dehumidifier in and problem solved.. it's staying in my car now until next Summer ( if we get one ).

·
Seasoned Member
941 Posts
Yep, the windows are soaked on the inside, I keep drying them off but it just keeps coming back.
Where did you get your dehunidifier from and how much was it?
£1.00 from Asda, but I've seen them in Homebase on offer. Ask for a 151 Interiour dehumidifier,
mines lemon:gay:

They last for up to 3 to 6 weeks

·
Sir Snap a lot
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
£1.00 from Asda, but I've seen them in Homebase on offer. Ask for a 151 Interiour dehumidifier,
mines lemon:gay:

They last for up to 3 to 6 weeks
Cheers for that, I'll be up north this weekend, so I'll have a look then.
I reckon these will be just the thing and will be great for my camper too

·
NORTHERN IRELAND AREA REP
8,604 Posts
If car is parked up get a plastic bucket and throw couple of packets of table salt in. Set bucket in car and all dampness will be pulled into the salt ..

·
Sir Snap a lot
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If car is parked up get a plastic bucket and throw couple of packets of table salt in. Set bucket in car and all dampness will be pulled into the salt ..
I've only just done that last week on a smaller scale, it is working but I would need a whole lot of salt...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts