Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand roadworks need to be done but do the workmen acually do anything? For example on the A1m near Stevenage we have had a 50mph speed limit for ages i can't remember when i was 70 and for what? i have never seen anyone doing anything on the road and it hasn't got any better. If there are any workmen about they are usually drinking tea inside their JCB's or there is a group of people looking at a hole in the ground. Why it takes one man to dig the hole and four to stand round looking i don't know, i wish they would get off their lazy tea drinking arses and get on with it so we can all drive merrily along without fear of getting caught on one of those average speed cameres.:swear:

·
Registered
11,026 Posts
oh christ dont get me started on this ..I'm not so much irritated by roadworks as much as ppls inability to deal with them!! The small group of ppl who are the front of roadworks traffic management lights who assume that they are the only ones in the queue there so they bimble through the lights at 4mph for fear of getting their 13inch wheels and super low front splitter on their little picanto stuck on the wire trailing across the road which is a total of 1inch high. Then you get ppl who block up the roadworks coming the other way (oh I'm attached to that last person who JUST made it through the lights and the ten ppl in cars behind me are attached to me cos we really are just one big chain) and then they block up the 1 bloody lane thats free. how about the 10minutes between light changes from 1 side to the other that ppl abuse too.. (ah I'll just nip through oh hang on the opposing sides lights have changed - never mind they'll have to wait whilst I navigate my oversized 4x4 carefully over these 2inch ramps of tarmac.. ah what a shame their lights have changed back to red and no-one got through... good job I dont feel like an utter cock about it all).

and yes - the piggin road signs all over the shop up the road:
warning speed camera 1/2mile
drive on...
40zone 3/4 mile
drive a litte further.. notice everyone has slowed down to 30..
national speed limit sign
what the..? (and this isn't a sign thats static its a sign THE BLOODY ROADWORKS GUYS HAVE PUT DOWN!?!)
so you speed up a little... but everyone is still doing 30
speed camera zone and road has turned to 40mph without warning
notice that everyone is doing 20mph
then you pass through the area and there blatantly isn't a camera there. now I know this is meant to slow us down and be careful and I do behave around roadworks but for crying out loud I just wish they'd put the right signs down - its like they do it to hack drivers off and confuse them?!

*phew*

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
anthonymcgrath said:
oh christ dont get me started on this ..I'm not so much irritated by roadworks as much as ppls inability to deal with them!! The small group of ppl who are the front of roadworks traffic management lights who assume that they are the only ones in the queue there so they bimble through the lights at 4mph for fear of getting their 13inch wheels and super low front splitter on their little picanto stuck on the wire trailing across the road which is a total of 1inch high. Then you get ppl who block up the roadworks coming the other way (oh I'm attached to that last person who JUST made it through the lights and the ten ppl in cars behind me are attached to me cos we really are just one big chain) and then they block up the 1 bloody lane thats free. how about the 10minutes between light changes from 1 side to the other that ppl abuse too.. (ah I'll just nip through oh hang on the opposing sides lights have changed - never mind they'll have to wait whilst I navigate my oversized 4x4 carefully over these 2inch ramps of tarmac.. ah what a shame their lights have changed back to red and no-one got through... good job I dont feel like an utter cock about it all).

and yes - the piggin road signs all over the shop up the road:
warning speed camera 1/2mile
drive on...
40zone 3/4 mile
drive a litte further.. notice everyone has slowed down to 30..
national speed limit sign
what the..? (and this isn't a sign thats static its a sign THE BLOODY ROADWORKS GUYS HAVE PUT DOWN!?!)
so you speed up a little... but everyone is still doing 30
speed camera zone and road has turned to 40mph without warning
notice that everyone is doing 20mph
then you pass through the area and there blatantly isn't a camera there. now I know this is meant to slow us down and be careful and I do behave around roadworks but for crying out loud I just wish they'd put the right signs down - its like they do it to hack drivers off and confuse them?!

*phew*
Good Rant :cheers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts