Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello all,

been meaning to do this for far too long but ive just never found the time. im hoping i can use this thread to keep track of everything ive done to it so far and also it may help if i come to sell it to someone on here they can see it hasnt been abused :)

i need to say a big thanks to:
- RISING SUN PERFORMANCE
- CONCEPTUA TUNING
- JAPSPEED
- BARKER ENGINEERING 07854 856933
- AUTO BODYCRAFT 01642 715894

anyway i bought the car fairly standard from a lad called Dave off here, travelled to Bristol for it so it was quite a long journey. bought it, came home and took a few snaps. it was standard apart from exhaust and air filter... still had 2 stage boost :O

first things first it needed a walbro fuel pump (had one on my 200sx and cant fault them) and a FMIC so i went for the D1 japspeed as i didnt fancy cutting fan blades etc etc.

so out came the old pump and in with the new (sorry no pics of FMIC install)

and it stayed like that for a month until i got bored so i took the 2 stage boost off and bought a greddy profecb2 (again had one on my 200sx and cant fault it) set it up and took it to the dyno

good results considering i hadnt done much to it even with the nasty missfire which was later diagnosed i guess to faulty coilpacks.

so a few calls to RSP for coilpacks and somehow i ended up buying...

RSP400 kit

was going to fit it myself but i thought id leave it to the experts, took a drive down to RSP and had it fitted and mapped within the day. results:

i was happy with this for a month and then again i got bored and always fancied a kitted skyline (yes i admit i watched too many fast and furious films) JUN front bumper from the for sale section, some rear spats and 400r skirts from ziax and gave them a test fit...

as you can see from the pics the rust had settled in after a harsh winter and me being lazy not keeping on top of the waxoyling :eek:

in the end i sold the bumpers and skirts and went a different route; a full respray in the same colour (barring the bootlid but thats a long story) and archwork to get rid of the rust! also added some sly GTR style skirts on there for good measure :) (pics not the best as they were taken with one of them iphone thingeys :spank: )

anyway theres alot of pics there and im pleased with the end result. the reason i didnt get the bootlid and spoiler done is it was just going to be both sides because of the archwork, then i wanted the bonnet doing aswell, and then front and back bumpers and my funds wouldnt stretch to the bootlid aswell haha.

no pics of car as it stands at this minute as manifold studs are snapped in the block so im in a mood with the car so they will be up hopefully end of next week when thats sorted. yes i was the one with the "tractor powered RB" at silverstone hahaha
ive also got a power FC sat here waiting to go in but going to wait for bigger turbo and get it all done at the same time and coloured hoses from boostjunkies should be here in 3-4 weeks

so i now have my to-do list which includes:
- either get my current alloys powdercoated by a mate in white or treat myself to some :worshippy:ROTA GRIDS:worshippy: again in white
- bootlid and spoiler sprayed
- fit my power FC
- bigger turbo to try run 500bhp on standard internals :crazy:

anyway much love goodnight

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
looking good mate
thank you :)

plans sound good, and the bottom end should take 500, i know a few guys running 520bhp on standard internals for around a year now with no bother :bananasmile:
yeh im hoping so, worst case scenario it blows a piston ring? gives me an excuse to go for forged pistons... :bananasmile:
what turbo are they running do you know?

cheers

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok so im looking for a turbo capable of 500bhp.

im hoping it can stay where it is and that i dont have to go topmount (to save money)

and also do turbo's that are capable of 500+ hp have internal wastegates... again to save money external wastegate is going to cost a bit more.

anyone help me out? what type/size/make/model of turbo should i be looking for?

also will me injectors be capable of fueling 500hp? will my walbro fuel pump be capable aswell?

thanks

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
ok so a small update, nothing impressive but i had smoke out the back end which resulted in a compression test which showed one cylinder (number 6) down to 5 bar.
now i know 5 bar is ok and the car drove fine but it wasnt holding boost at high end it would drop to 0.9 bar sometimes 0.8 bar abover 5500ish revs, so.................

not the best quality pics but you get the idea. Thanks to Peter from BARKER ENGINEERING

doing piston rings (ordered from CONCEPTUA) and new head gasket while im at it also new head bolts. plus while the bumpers off ive splashed out on a new FMIC from JAPSPEED. (i have nothing else to spend money on apart from the car so why not eh? lol)

hopefully this will set me up nicely and the car will run smoothly.

the plans have changed for the power option, i sold the power FC and i think im going to leave it how it is for a few months and just enjoy it which with all the problems ive had i havnt had chance to. maybe come september another trip to RSP is called for to get some cams fitted and another remap and see how she is :)

ive got one small thing to do is get the wheels powder coated and get some new rubber on them (toyo proxes T1R or goodyear GSD3).

im looking forward to just enjoying the car i cant wait to get it back on the road!

one last photo :)

·
is now very happy with 400+ BHP
2,903 Posts
All good there Robbo mate.
I've just received my massive front mount and a load of other bits n pieces.
I'm going for an RSP map tweek in Falkirk at the end of this month.
Richard is holding a session for the Scottish lads.
Fancy a dodge up with me mate.
A lot shorter distance than the trek down south to RSP bud.
Let me know eh please?

Cheers from Neil.:grinno:

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
All good there Robbo mate.
I've just received my massive front mount and a load of other bits n pieces.
I'm going for an RSP map tweek in Falkirk at the end of this month.
Richard is holding a session for the Scottish lads.
Fancy a dodge up with me mate.
A lot shorter distance than the trek down south to RSP bud.
Let me know eh please?

Cheers from Neil.:grinno:
yeh man i might be up for it now, i know i said i wasnt when we were at fastlane show but i was told by RSP the reason my torque drops off at high revs could be down to the small intercooler so a tweak of the beast could be needed.

i will let you know because i also want to do light water valley with you lot aswell and i dont want it to turn into one or the other id rather do both :)

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
Any news on the engine rebuild yet??

Dont be surprised if you end up putting new pistons in it its usually the ringlands that break, did on mine, so ended up going forged :yum:

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Dont be surprised if you end up putting new pistons in it its usually the ringlands that break, did on mine, so ended up going forged :yum:
haha yeh id love to do forged but it looks like just the rings... saves me some money tbh i cant afford forged atm, its getting a little tight with the new job its a bit of a pay cut :shakehead:

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

found out today that you were right, one of the piston like edges was coming away all cracked and stuff when it was getting washed... so second hand pistons going in (quite cheap) cant afford to go forged, thats for another month lol

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.