Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Legend
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK here are the details -

A standard power run is £50 - three power runs, a discussion of the results, and a printout. We log everything possible, including air-fuel ratio, injector duty cycles, boost pressure and more, and can then plot them on screen to see how they all relate, and where the engine perhaps has some issues. On a shootout day, those rates are discounted as follows:

5-10 cars: £45ea
11-15 cars: £40ea
over 16 cars: £35ea

Names on the list - NO GTR's as the Dyno is for 2wd vehicles only ... Providing we can get enough interest one lucky beggar will get the run for free ( free raffle ) . so sign up below :wave:

1. Simmie

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hello everybody. For those who haven't seen or heard of me yet, I'm James, and I operate the rolling road at For-Tune PVE. To give an idea of the day Ken is looking to put on here, I'll give a rundown of the day you can expect.

1. We will check the oil and coolant levels in your engine, and adjust the tyre pressures as necessary before driving your car carefully onto the rollers.

2. Once in place, your car will be securely strapped down to the dyno bed using strong ratchet straps over your wishbones or rear axle. The car will also be strapped out to the sides of the dyno bed to prevent any sideways movement. Remember that this rolling road can cater for cars producing 1,200bhp (and more) at the wheels, so traction is not an issue, unlike with other rolling roads.

3. We will attach various sensors and hoses to monitor the following during your power run:

Atmospheric temperature and pressure
Inlet air temperature
Boost pressure/vacuum
Engine speed
Road speed
Air-fuel ratio
Injector pulsewidth
Injector duty cycle
Tractive force at the tyres
Power at the wheels (the true measure of a car's performance)
Power and torque at the flywheel

4. We will carry out three power runs using the Dyno Dynamics "Shootout" mode. In Shootout mode, no results can be altered by anything we do. All information regarding air temperatures and pressures is printed on the graph so there is no scope for false or "fudged" readings, be they higher or lower.

5. All data from the three runs is logged. We can call it up on a graph in any combination we desire, showing up to three parameters on the one graph, and analyse the engine's performance, with you alongside. You may ask any questions you want answering, and ask to see all the data we collected.

6. Your graph can then be printed off, your car un-strapped and driven off.

A session like this gives access to so much engine data that typical problems such as undersized injectors or boost leaks can be diagnosed in moments. Inferior dynamometers pose issues such as lack of traction, inaccurate equipment and/or software and the ability for the operator to affect the outcome of the power run. With the Dyno Dynamics dyno, that is not an option. You get true, extremely accurate figures for your car, plus the bonus of potentially routing out a problem before it causes terminal damage to your engine.

We can be contacted on 01460 57999 if you have any queries. Otherwise, I will remain in direct contact with simmie while he organises this event, so you may wish to liaise with him if you have any issues.

James.

·
Registered
164 Posts
It'll be one of the first things I get when I start spending money on things other than the business matey. I'll have to speak to Keith some more about have a Skylineowners.com forum car, that would fill the time gap nicely ;)

·
Legend
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:):)
It'll be one of the first things I get when I start spending money on things other than the business matey. I'll have to speak to Keith some more about have a Skylineowners.com forum car, that would fill the time gap nicely ;)
Get one for me while your at it :):)

·
Registered
164 Posts
The idea of the forum car would be that members of the forum could use it when "necessary". I'll wait for you to tempt Keith into the plan then we're away!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts