Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, one really stupid question coming up ....

Getting my R34 soon and one thing I forgot to check was if my fishing rods will fit (I guess they won't fit inside). Can you get roofracks to fit R34's ? If not anyone got any other suggestions ? Keeping the mondeo just for the odd fishing trip seems a bit OTT somehow (and expensive).

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Come on Grebo you are avin a larf surely ?
You would be drummed out before you started if you put a roof rack on it :D
How about those clip on gutter racks that hold rods, used to have a set years ago for my fly rods, least they come off easy and are harsd to spot :rolleyes:

E

·
0 Posts
They will fit inside. I can get a 12ft one (you know the kind with 3 made up & 3 not made up) & JRC bed chair in mine easily. Just put the front passenger seat right down & lay them in diagonaly. Wouldn`t have thought the R34 would be that much different.
Another fisher person. Cool. Im off tomorrow.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, cheers eddie, I'll give it a go. Might be a tight fit cos I've got a couple of 2 piecers, my rod bag is over 5 foot long, it only just fits inside the mondeo and that's a hatchback.

S

·
0 Posts
Your a bit of a dark horse Mr grebo,
Didnt tell me you were in the green welly brigade, if i'd have known I would have put a few maggots and Luncheon meat in the boot of your new car to make you feel right at home!
Too late now, we give special discounts to Fishermen.

I dunno, we spent all day making it really spiff, and your going to put boilies, campbed, 8ft rod bags and a smelly landing net in the car.
If your quick , I'll fit a tow bar so you can get a trailer from Halfords for the morning!

Anyway how do Carp rods stay on a roof rack at 155 MPH ??

See you around 11am

Cheers
Stuart
Seaford Car imports

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe not, toying with the idea of keeping old faithfull for fishing and shopping trips, and maybe to use when the roads turn to slime and ice.

E

·
0 Posts
Grebo i was on about 2 piece rods mate. I only go carp fishing & can get everything needed for a weekend in the car. When i said 12ft i was on about a rod bag that takes 6, 12ft, 2 piece rods, 3 with reels on :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts