Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just wondered as the cars running a bit ropey when pushed,under hard acceleration in 3rd and 4th up to 5000 revs and 0.7bar as per the boost controllers setting, it starts to sound like im revving it, its literally a fast revving sound and usually solved by changing gear. surely it shouldnt do this, should just stop boosting id have thought. Especially as its only at 4000 revs n onwards.

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
so the noise you hear is higher or faster sounding than the revs you are doing?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well yeah, it gets to a point then it almost sounds like a f1 car in a pit lane hitting a limiter, it like baaa babababbababababbaaba if you excuse the :gay: sound effects lol

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
yes, nail down the throttle (make sure noone in your way:eek:) and look at your rpm-gauge. if rpm raise without the being accelarating properly then your clutch is slipping.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so if theres a sharp rise in revs but it doesnt accelerate hard as well then its slipping? anything i can do from idle to test it?

·
Yeah boyeeeeeeeee
6,604 Posts
Handbrake on, stick it in high gear, few revs, slowly let out the clutch and it should stall.

Make sure that you've got plenty of space around you in case it lurches forward, and also don't blame me if it knackers the clutch or gearbox.

Not being funny, but I can't see how people don't realise they're clutch is slipping if it is.

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Do the procedure I said and you will know man! If the clutch is on it´s way out, but not completely done, then it won´t slip always when you accelerate. Usually it does within the rpm range in which your engine produces its peak torque. But trust me, you gonna notice it. Best take motorway and high gear, start with lower or mid revs and push the throttle. if clutch is dead rpms will go up, but car won´t really go faster (till the clutch will have "grip" again, then it will go forward).

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ahh ok, il try your advice. thanks for all the good gen guys, appreciated as always and always learning every day on here :apint::apint::apint:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, i tried the advise given above and car still seems to hold back or hesitate. guessing it will be a spark plug and coilpack change then?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts