Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As per title, I went to put my new Rota GTR (8.5J's all the way) on, but couldn't bolt the nuts because there wasn't any space to get the socket in the holes, therefore I will need some slim wheel nuts asap..

any advice on where to get some, locking ones as well, and anything in particular to look out for.

Thanks

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
conceptua .. im in same boat need some for my new rears picking up sat

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
I got mine from Rising Sun Performance. They look nice and were reasonably priced too. You can always go for the Ultralite ones. They look the business but are quite expensive and can not be tightened as much as normal ones.

G

·
I bought two sets on separate occasions off ebay for £32 posted, Now I ain't got a car and can' to seem to sell em on!

I guess I'll keep em for an S13, soon. :D

·
Administrator
25,983 Posts
i got mine from rare rims as well and used a shallow socket to fit them as my normal one didnt fit either :)

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
i got mine from rare rims as well and used a shallow socket to fit them as my normal one didnt fit either :)
17mm normal drive nuts at 6.99 a pack from camberley autoparts. and I even had trade acount. lol. red ones are on my to do list but £££ are tight cos this wasnt planed ...

si,

·
Administrator
25,983 Posts
17mm normal drive nuts at 6.99 a pack from camberley autoparts. and I even had trade acount. lol. red ones are on my to do list but £££ are tight cos this wasnt planed ...

si,
mines are red mate :angel:

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
oem wheel nuts do fit

its your soclets thaats wrong and you need a slim one, spark plug ones are slimmer i think

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
oem wheel nuts do fit

its your soclets thaats wrong and you need a slim one, spark plug ones are slimmer i think
I wouldn't recommend it because there is hardly any space around the nuts, otherwise you'll be scraping the paint off around the hole...

Slim wheel nuts are defo the solution, and probably those tuner lug nuts...

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
If anyone has nuts that are a tight fit to the alloys but want to stick with the nuts they have, we do a very popular range of Wheel Nut Sockets with protective plastic sleeves that reduce the risk of scratching...

Chris

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.