1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Sketchy on the bends
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
there has never been a comparison, but from my expierience of having both splitfires and RSP coils, i cant say there is any noticable difference, they both hold similar boost on my cars which has been 1.4bar so for me they are no different:naughty:

·
Everybody knows that the bird is the word
9,198 Posts
I have heard nothing but good things about splitfires, I am not familiar with the RSP coilpacks but if you havent heard anything bad about them I would keep the sale local :)

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Running both coilpacks and can't say there is any difference between them apart from color and price! Go for the RSP ones.

·
stuck in the middle .....with you
8,249 Posts
at least with rsp they are uk based and ready to help if their product is faulty,you dont get that with the splitfires

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Lol at the tags..

I prefer splitfires only due to the color....

·
The Cunning Linguist
13,826 Posts
I know a test is due to be run by a member on:
Yellowjackets
RSP Coils
Splitfires.

Should be interesting results.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
i run conceptua coilpacks, haven't had any probs, £290 delivered, can't comment on other makes

·
Registered
609 Posts
You can't go wrong with either! RSP coils live in my 410bhp GTS-T - I have had no problems with both! Do you have the dreaded missfire at 4500-5500rpm?

·
Sketchy on the bends
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Splutter on idle

You can't go wrong with either! RSP coils live in my 410bhp GTS-T - I have had no problems with both! Do you have the dreaded missfire at 4500-5500rpm?
Actually no, she sounds sweet from 1500 to redline, but splutters a bit on idle. When I last had it checked in Tokyo, the guy at Nissan Blue Stage explained that cylinder 1 wasn't getting enough electricity to fire all the time. He said I'd need to replace all the sparks and wires, so I thought instead maybe coilpacks would be the answer. Sound reasonable?

·
East Ireland Area Rep
6,701 Posts
I know a test is due to be run by a member on:
Yellowjackets
RSP Coils
Splitfires.

Should be interesting results.
will be looking forward to seeing them!

·
Registered
79 Posts
ecozile
My car is a single with a borg warner turbo 83/75...it used to have a HKS TO4z with .81ar. With the TO4z dyno in japan at 1.2 kg 554ps with the BW hmm dont know 550ps lol. To me spools a lot quicker than the To4z, just my opinion...holds on for WW3.

·
Registered
450 Posts
im looking at fitting the gt3076 to my rb25det and need either splitfire or coilpacks, take it both will do? RSP as they are cheaper

·
Registered
299 Posts
i have RSP coil packs on mine..........as far as i know the RSP ones are very similar to yellow jackets, but i guess they have been tested extensively by Richard before he put the RSP name on it!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts