Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi guys, i was looking into maybe getting one of your ecu's. I'm currently running,
standard ecu,afm
blitz nur spec exhaust and decat
xs power elbow and downpipe in one
blitz sus power induction
hks gt2540 turbo (currently running 1 bar actuator pressure)
FMIC
Walbro fuel pump

made 318 at the fly on the dyno but fuelling was all over the place. I then bought a safc II to compensate and tweek a bit. I'm wondering if there is anypoint of paying for this to be set up properly as i havent touched it much, or should i just pay you guys for an ecu. I know the advantages of getting the ecu from rsp (eg ig timing etc) but could you actually set the ecu up accurately without having the car there or would it be better to just set the safc up, then at a later date with more mods, get it custom mapped??
Would the price vary from the usual for you's to set the chip up to my car and if so how mucheeessss? :eek:
As im also currently runnin the standard afm (got a Q45 but have been told the Z32 is better??, what do you reccommend i do? )

oh forgot to mention, i have the dyno print outs of the a/f ratios etc if that helps??

·
Registered
669 Posts
hi mate,

please post your dyno afr's i think it will help & im interested to see as im in the same dilemma.

I have turbo running a bar like yours so the stock ecu wont fuel for it - to my knowledge
i have piggy backs but done trust that they will be safe or efficient
apparently the stock afm only reads airflow up to .9 bar meaning after .9 its got to be running lean as the air is being detected let alone fuelled for.

as far as i have found

the below are needed for a complete set up running that boost;

induction kit
z32/q45
full exhaust from turbo to cat back - free flow
fmic
boost controller
fuel pump
injectors 550+
remap

this will mean getting proper results from your set up and running safe... as far as i can see

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thanks for the reply bud, ill post the afr's up when i get home. It seems to be running rich coming near the end of the revs though. First post edited
I'm definately getting the feeling i need to swap the afm. Had a set of injectors but had to sell them to eat lol (bloody broke at the min :))

·
AKA RSP
4,762 Posts
Steve,

I would get the car set up here with a custom remap, the parts your using with the safc isn't a good idea. Unfortunately you will have to come to us for the map, it's not something we can send in the post like the stage 1. I wouldn't use the Q45, it's too big. The z32 will be much better.

Do you have a front mount I/C?

Damo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts