Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feel really sorry for my girlfriend as she is really gutted about the weekend.

She went to alot of effort for my birthday and booked a room in a 4 star hotel and had made plans for a nice cooked breakfast and a drive around the sites near the hotel.

Now she recently has had serioues issues with her daughter not sleeping and waking her up and still having to work so was really excited about a relaxing weekend alone with me..

All was going well and we were cuddled up in bed fast asleep when the room next to us decided to mess around at 12:30am ( there was actually a party going on in the main function room far away from where where we were sleeping)..

We were woken up by shouts and screams and what sounded like a load of people play fighting and jumping around on the bed. They even ran up and down the hallway outside our room shouting and singing (before you ask this was not a couple getting saucy as there were a group of people in the room).

I went to reception and reported this and gave the room number. Got back to our room and reception had called my girlfriend and told her to shut up and keep the noise down !! Gob smacked I went back to reception where 3 guys were stood around and was told " they could not victimise one room and had to call all the rooms in that area !!!

Why one of them could not have followed me down, they would have heard the noise..

Not wanting to risk my girlfriend having another sleepless night we packed our bags and drove home at 1am. at least this way she got a good lie in...

She is really upset that my birthday was spoilt and I complained to the hotel the next morning and was told..... THE ROOM MAKING THE NOISE HAS COMPLAINED ABOUT THERE STAY !!!!!....

Have told my girlfriend that I loved just spending time with her but she is still very tired and upset.. Not good :(

·
Super Moderator
8,968 Posts
Thats a shame fella, i would find out the owners/CEO of the hotel and lodge an official complaint to them personally, and demand a complete refund and compensation for the inconvenience caused, if they don't seem like they want to know try the contacting local press/TV approach that usually gets their attention.

·
Seasoned Member
941 Posts
Feel sorry for you mate. There are web sites where you can rate hotels or at least check out other peoples comments ( good or bad).

·
Bounty Hunter
6,173 Posts
Thats a shame fella, i would find out the owners/CEO of the hotel and lodge an official complaint to them personally, and demand a complete refund and compensation for the inconvenience caused, if they don't seem like they want to know try the contacting local press/TV approach that usually gets their attention.

100% on this too.

Sorry to hear this Dan, I would have been furious!

·
1 of 225. 11th April 2010
950 Posts
get in touch with the head office. as high as possible. DEMAND refund and stuff. complementary night and meals at a different venue

·
Seasoned Member
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update on the hotel issue..

After complaining on the 09th of Dec, I hoped my g/f would get a letter and a refund.

Nothing came so I phoned them again on Friday and spoke to a really helpful assistant manager.

He advised that the night staff had handled the situation really badly and offered us an upgrade and a complimentary night with dinner and breakfast :)

All sorted and hopfully 2nd time lucky :)

·
Registered
867 Posts
This kinda happened to me once except I booked a cottage in the middle of nowhere for a weekend. First night we were kept up by the loudest damm screech owl in the world who had decided it was a perfect time to sit on the roof of the cottage! Next day, a lamb had got split from its mother and spent most of the night bleating at the top of its voice. I ended up going outside and chased the little **** down the hill back to the rest of the sheep. Me running around a pitch black hillside in Wales in nothing but my under crackers! At least the mrs thought it was funny!

Glad you got a refund tho dan!

·
Seasoned Member
4,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This kinda happened to me once except I booked a cottage in the middle of nowhere for a weekend. First night we were kept up by the loudest damm screech owl in the world who had decided it was a perfect time to sit on the roof of the cottage! Next day, a lamb had got split from its mother and spent most of the night bleating at the top of its voice. I ended up going outside and chased the little **** down the hill back to the rest of the sheep. Me running around a pitch black hillside in Wales in nothing but my under crackers! At least the mrs thought it was funny!

Glad you got a refund tho dan!
Awesome :)

Bet that was a sight lol :)

Made me laugh...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts