Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Nissan Skyline r33 gts-t
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
car was missfiring so fitted splitfires which has stopped it missfiring and is now more responsive, the only problem is that when accelerating through the rev range in 2nd and above it hesitates from 4000 - 6000rpm were as you can actually feel it holding back and struggling, then accelerates normal to 7000rpm?

mods :

apexi n1 downpipe and full exhaust inc decat
spolitfires
new irridium spark plugs

i was wondering if its my standard airbox thats restricting the airflow?

any suggestions please?

·
Cheese Monster
209 Posts
Clean the MAF and do an ecu reset. That should sort you out. Also what boost are you running?

·
Nissan Skyline r33 gts-t
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
m running standard boost mate, as for the airflow meter i did clean it before but only give a blow out and wipe as it was covered in crap, i didnt know what sort of liquids i can spray on it to clean it properly?

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
i wonder mate as our cars can suffer from overfuelling when u fit a free flowing intake and exhaust i reckon refit your standard cat and your problem will dissapear :)

·
Nissan Skyline r33 gts-t
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it did it when the cat was in though mate?

thats why i removed the cat as i thought it was restricting it

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
nah mate when u remove the cat you stop the backpressure and some of our cars then overfuel at the changeover to the 2nd stage boost which is what your having, mine done the same until i fitted an safcII to trim the excess fuel and it went great but once i then fitted a boost controller and upped the boost it was missing badly. one stage 1 rsp ecu and missfire cured :)

·
Nissan Skyline r33 gts-t
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
whats a safcII? so do you suggest fitting a boost controller then?

i do know about the rsp ecu stage 1 upgrade i have it on ebay ready to buy lol

how does it run with the ecu upgrade? do you have to have every mod they have listed to fit it?

also what spray cleaner can i use on my afm?

·
Cheese Monster
209 Posts
Decat wont cause this to the degree you are experiencing.

Take off the MAF and go in with a cotton bud and clean the hot wire with brake cleaner.

Is this a series 1 engine? If so, it could be your ignitor.

Do the ECU reset though.

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
whats a safcII? so do you suggest fitting a boost controller then?

i do know about the rsp ecu stage 1 upgrade i have it on ebay ready to buy lol

how does it run with the ecu upgrade? do you have to have every mod they have listed to fit it?

also what spray cleaner can i use on my afm?
the safc is a basic fuel controller to adjust the fuel mate and no unless you want more power only the fit a boost controller and with the rsp ecu it will run with out the mods liste dbut no where near as good as it should mate.

and carb cleaner will work fine buddy

·
Nissan Skyline r33 gts-t
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
right thanks for youre help tommorrow i will do a ecu reset, clean my afm with carb cleaner and see how that goes.

i was gunna buy an intercooler this week but i think ill buy the ecu first

then some good brakes

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
you may make things worse with the intercooler mate :rofl: my advice is save up for all the bits and then fit it all in one go mate :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts