Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the r32 GTR running spitfires coilpacks. Do you guy remove the top case because of the high tempertures or leave the top case on. If so any problems?? people say remove due to the heat damaging the coilpacks

cheers
dave

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
I have run without for about 3 years with no probs.

·
Banned
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
at the moment its all connected.... where do you guys mount the ignition amplifier.do you extend the black wire for the ignition amplifier and mount above the coils on one strew sort of thing????

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
at the moment its all connected.... where do you guys mount the ignition amplifier.do you extend the black wire for the ignition amplifier and mount above the coils on one strew sort of thing????
mine is without as well, im pretty sure they will screw to the holes where the cover goes only to get 2 screws in it will have to be at an angle remember there is an earth wire connected to it, just put that under the screw when you put it back on...:)

·
stuck in the middle .....with you
8,249 Posts
when i had my spec 1 (well i have had 2 spec 1s and done the same to both),i simply cut the cover enough so the ignition amp would still sit where it always has if you get what i mean,it does mean destroying the cover but if you want to run without it then there should be no probs there

1 - 11 of 11 Posts