Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
User of V-power
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Peeps,

was checking me coil packs out today, (also wanted to know what plugs i had in) did the 3 front coils (left the cover off and other three tomorrow night) and in the last one i came to (no3) the top of the plug had what looks like rust in it?

see pictures..

to me im guessing that when they where put in there was a drop of water in there? could it be anything else? I.e. sign of a bad plug or somthing?? (i havent got the new plugs yet so was just checking out the coils, hence it is still in there)

any ideas peeps? (the other too so far have been spotless)

Cheers
Dazzler

Attachments

·
User of V-power
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
havent removed em yet, managed to see that they are NGK Iridium no6's from what was written on the top, gapped at 1.1mm (going to get .8mm next for upping the boost and no7's instead)

gonna borrow a spark plug socket over the next couple days, (mate of mine has one) then i will see what the plugs are like,

just got to be real carefull with no3 as i dont want all that crap falling in the cylinder,

Cheers
Dazzler

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
just tape the tube from a pen or some sort of stiff tubing to the end of the vacume cleaner hose and suck all the crap out first

·
Registered
163 Posts
had same thing with mine rusty plugs ! it ran perfect then i left it for 2weeks outside my house in the rain and then dry . got in it after 2weeks and it would not rev properly , so checked plugs/coils and was the same as yours ! its just condensation build up , renault scenics 16v suffer bad with this condensation problem with the plug tops and coil rubbers all rusty !! i replaced all my plugs , cleaned coils and smeared grease around each coil where it makes the seal in the head above the plug and not one wet/condensation problem since !!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts