Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everybody out there. Can anyone tell what bhp is possible with the rx6b turbo?

I left my skyline into the tunning shop where they set her to 404bhp, I was looking her put up to 500bhp but was told the valve spring on the turbo (oops the waste gate) wasn`t strong enough (you would think a £5000 turbo would have a strong enough spring). Can anyone answer this question as it would be very much appreciated or even let me know where I can purchase a strengthened spring.

(I`m just making sure I didn`t leave my car into COWBOY tunners):iamwithstupid:

·
Belgium/Netherlands Area Rep
2,060 Posts
rx6b is the name of the apexi turbo-kit not, of the turbo itself
so we need to know what type of tubby came with your kit before we can answer :D
goes like TCW**, the ** being 2 numbers

·
Punch me.
9,398 Posts
Hello everybody out there. Can anyone tell what bhp is possible with the rx6b turbo?

I left my skyline into the tunning shop where they set her to 404bhp, I was looking her put up to 500bhp but was told the valve spring on the turbo wasn`t strong enough (you would think a £5000 turbo would have a strong enough spring). Can anyone answer this question as it would be very much appreciated or even let me know where I can purchase a strengthened spring.

(I`m just making sure I didn`t leave my car into COWBOY tunners):iamwithstupid:
£5000 turbo?

was you ripped off or something?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
£5000 turbo?

was you ripped off or something?
Well put it this way there wasn`t much change left out of £6000 when the turbo, fc commander and ecu were bought, and if you check the apexi website you`ll see the price of their turbos ( not cheap).

·
Registered
828 Posts
Why not just change the wastegate to one which will handle it rather than suffer it breaking again?

They done 4 different versions of that turbo so it could be 440hp rated for the tcw15 upto 560hp rated for the tcw77ls

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
Hi Chris I`m not to sure, I was handed the dyno sheet with 404 on it but my guess would be the flywheel. Why?

Thank for showing an interest.
The reason i asked was if it were a wheels figure then the tubby would probs be making near to the 500bhp you wanted by the time the fly figure was calculated.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for those figures Bandit I`ll check it out when I can get under the bonnet ( F*****G rain over here hasn`t stopped in a month )

Cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts