Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
i had a go with one round oulton last year, my r33 gtr was completly standard at the time, but not sure his was (i would of thought so...)
he left me (slowly) uptp about 90, then the gtr would pull him back in top end

good cars tho... and handel very well indeed

cheers, paul. :)

·
Seasoned Member
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i had a go with one round oulton last year, my r33 gtr was completly standard at the time, but not sure his was (i would of thought so...)
he left me (slowly) uptp about 90, then the gtr would pull him back in top end

good cars tho... and handel very well indeed

cheers, paul. :)
Yeah they seem pretty quick, dont they redline at 8k or something, they gotta be light as well.
Trouble is i find them to look to small, almost toy like, did you feel this when you drove it or are they decieving inside.

·
Alloy Junkie
2,499 Posts
9k screaming like a spitfire.

I use to have one, fantastic engine....just a shame i felt like i was driving a tent!
Stock for Stock i think the S2k would have the edge over an ECR33....but i doupt it would keep up with a GTR, especially round the twisties.

Theres no a great deal of aftermarket parts for the S2K to dramtically increase BHP because Honda done such a great job of getting the most out the 2litre engine to start with.
And i dont think there will be many cars with turbos/superchargers in the country as yet...plenty in yank land tho ;)

·
BOOOOOST
1,863 Posts
i had my arse handed to me by one one night in my Gtt which is running about 360...his was stage one and by christ that thing could go!!! though i did have two people in with me.... nice cars!

·
Censored
7,453 Posts
my mate should be getting has s2k back tomorrow... turbo'd :D will have aprox 330 at the wheels.

Here's a video of me and him on the track @ brands hatch, his engine was standard then apart from a remap. He had sorted suspension though.

I could pull away on the straights just about, but he had me on the corners without a doubt, they are alot lighter (300KG) than an ECR33.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-4155966449805184623

IMO - s2ks are brilliant cars, and should eat a standard gtst and a gtr for breakfast overall.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
hi5 your mate could have had you so many times. those cars turn in so well and go like stink.
i think that against any standard 32 or 33 ( poss a 34 ) we'd lose.you cant argue that they are a great car straight out of the box and as a second car i would not hesitate to get one. love 'em!

·
Registered
248 Posts
I used to work for honda in sales so ive driven a few of em they are awesome proper poket rockets and they handle well to, the engine comes alive at 6k in (vtec range)check the cold air intakes, buddy club earthing kits ect ect and a supercharger conv also goes well in s2000's
But having said all that as an r33 gtst driver would i buy one instead of my skyline HELL NO our cars have soooo much more tunning capability's its untrue plus they are so small inside im not very tall nut even i endedup with brused knees when gettin in and out of em

·
Registered
36 Posts
My mate has one, and I waste him all the time in it... I must say I was not that impressed with it at all...
390.1BHP and 376ft/lb torque @ 1.3bar
How the hell could anything else impress you when you have that much power? I like the noise of the s2000 but they are deffo a hairdressers car without the mugen hardtop conversion.

·
Censored
7,453 Posts
hi5 your mate could have had you so many times. those cars turn in so well and go like stink.
i think that against any standard 32 or 33 ( poss a 34 ) we'd lose.you cant argue that they are a great car straight out of the box and as a second car i would not hesitate to get one. love 'em!
well if you read my post, that's exactly what i said, i could pull on the straights, but in the corners he was all over me. :crazy:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts