Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
On the road it`ll be fast id guess around or less 5.5 secs but forget it on the drag strip.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Why forget it on a drag strip?
Its all down to getting the grip on the tarmac (rear wheel drive with a LSD should be ok) all you have to watch out for is clutch slip and braking the gearbox.

E

·
0 Posts
Why?? Because on the drag strip i get wheelspin. On the road i get none. Wheelspin = lost time. If you guys can get off the line at a drag strip in a 300bhp rear wheel drive motor then i wanna see it.

E

·
0 Posts
Ps the last time i was at a drag strip i got wheelspin changing into 4th & i did a 14.06

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
if what eddie is saying is true i think im stuffed then Richard dont you think.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Aren’t most drag cars just rear wheel drive?
I don’t think I have 300bhp in my car; I don’t actually now what I am running as I have never had it checked, but I thinks with the right tyres (high profile) and very sticky (soft compound) then you might get around the wheel spin!
I found my rear axel was tramping a lot which again means you loose a lot of traction. To get round this I would have to fit anti tramp bars, but at the moment I am not into drag racing enough to start welding things to the underneath of my car!

E

·
0 Posts
Sarky i was just trying to make the point that in my opinion i get less wheelspin on the road than on the dragstrip.

Simon yes most drag cars are rear wheel drive but the rear tyres are 70 feet wide & they`re covered in superglue not like my re-moulds.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Eddie , I agree with you completely the drag strip seems to be the worst place with all the chemicals they put down.

Hmm i used to put washing up liquid on my radio controlled car wheels when i was younger, might give fairy another bashing sometime. APPLE(Fresh)Jack - you got any left ?

·
Registered
98 Posts
i'm sure i read somewhere that they recommend to let your rear tyres down to 19 psi for more grip.

·
Registered
258 Posts
my 0-60 on a 260bhp S14 was 5.3 timed at silverstone my m8 in 270bhp S14 got 5.1 also at silverstone

1 - 20 of 20 Posts