Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Member No 2.
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SAD...SAD DAY!
Last night on the way to work I lost the back end of my pride and joy(R32 GTS-t) and hit 2 cars coming in the opposite direction and now the car is a write off. to say I am gutted is an understatement. My wifes says that it just tin with an engine but we all know it's more than that!!

SAD DAY INDEED.

PaulP.

:( :( :( :(

·
Member No 2.
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SAD DAY!

Tigger,
fancy a written off GTS-t??. only front end damage, car still running but barely driveable.

PaulP.:(

E

·
0 Posts
Just seen this on the GTR Reg Paul.
At least your still in 1 piece mate. There`s plenty of skylines for you to choose from but only 1 Paul Palmer for Mrs Palmer (and your kids??)
Its only a car. Albeit a nice 1.

·
Registered
568 Posts
OMG Paul. I hope you are OK and not hurt (apart from your pride).
Your wife obviously needs educating mate.
A very bad day, I agree.

Nik

·
Bullet Tooth Tony
3,068 Posts
sad very sad:(
hope your ok, how did u lose the back end? bloody roads and rain dont mix:(

·
Old Member
814 Posts
Been there myself, but as they say, aslong as YOU are O.K.
Don't accept a stupid (low) payout from the insurance, get some prices for similar spec. from Autotrader and quote them to your insurer. Don't jump at the first Skyline you see as a replacement, or you will end up like me, happy to be in a Skyline, sad because it's not as good as the last one, take your time choosing.

·
Member No 2.
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SAD DAY!

Thanks guys for your kind words, alas it will be the last as my wife never really liked the car anyway and wanted me to sell her anyway. Lets hope the insurance pay up, heard some horror stories about some not wanting to pay up!. really gutted she was a peach to drive and in excellent condition. unfortunately i don't see it as just tin!!. only me in the car, pulled out of a junction and beaing an auto she kicked down a gear and all hell let loose.

thanks guys

Paul.:( :( :(

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Ouch man that's definately bad ****. Everyone seems to be getting abit tail happy recently. Mostly GTS but my GTR went sideways a couple of weeks ago. Luckily I just bent the track control arm. DON'T let your wife stop you getting another Skyline mate. I'm sorry but I can't stand to see a woman telling her husband he can't have the car he wants. Tell her that the reason for taking out insurance cover is to put you back in the exact same position as you were in before the accident and therefore by law you have to buy another skyline. Luckily my missus loves cars in general and adores the skyline. She was almost as gutted as me when it was off the road the last two weeks. There are very few gems out there like Leanne and Tigger.

Update

My missus works for a certain insurance company and she says if you are insured with them she works in claims and will push the claim through ;)

·
Member No 2.
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SAD DAY!

R32GTR,
Who does she work for?. insured with Groupama, has she heard of them?.

Paul

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
She hasn't mate but I have as I've been in insurance for 2-3 years now and only just left the trade and she's only just started. Groupama are not a company I have heard bad things about in my time in insurance mate. One piece of advice I would give you is that you try and ham up the worth of your car to them as much as possible. Obviously don't start telling them about Mods that you hadn't declared. How do you know that it's a write off? Have the insurance company looked at it? What is damaged because on an import for it to be a write off it would have to be about 75% of the value of the car to repair it.

·
Member No 2.
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SAD DAY!

R32GTR,
Well the woman on the phone this morning said that seeing as the car is over 10 years old, it would probably not be financially worth while repairing!!. the damage is drivers side front light and wing. the other side is fine as is everywhere else, the cars still runnning and just drivable the drivers side wheel is not damaged. but i guess it depends on the assessor!. appreciate your advice.

Paul

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Paul I will say one thing to you. The woman you spoke to doesn't realise the resale value of your ten year old SUPER CAR she probably doesn't realise what a skyline is and thinks it's the Japanese name for a Micra or something. The engineer will probably look at that and tell you it's gunna cost about £1K if that and they will pay for repairs if it's just the wing and the headlight as you could get those second hand from Abbey and probably in the same colour. Either Abbey or RK Tuning.

·
Member No 2.
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SAD DAY!

R32GTR,
Are they likely to search and use for second hand parts?. I guess it depends what they call the market value!. I am sure that Isaid that the car was worth around £4000, but guess its a more than that. I suppose the premium next year will be substancially more than it is now?.

Sorry for all these questions, but if anyone knows you would.

Paul.

·
Member No 2.
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SAD DAY!

Tigger,
Thanks, long time no hear, hope all is well with you?. If this turns out as a write off, could be worth buying back don't you think?. Or did the last one put you off?.

Paul.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts