Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
can someone with a SACF2 please post their map up (NE points values) so i can compare with mine (and what mods you have also please). (i realise the NE points will be set at different intervals but i can get an idea, mine adds fuel EVERYWHERE basically, as you can see in the dyno graph the AFR and power curves are not good)
Im not going to make any alterations myself, but id like to know if im adding fuel where others are removing it.

My settings:
Lo 25%
Hi 50%

Hi corrections:
3200 rpm = +8%
3800 rpm = +10%
4200 rpm = +12%
4400 rpm = +11%
4600 rpm = +10%
4800 rpm = +7%
5000 rpm = +7%
5200 rpm = +8%
5400 rpm = +8%
5600 rpm = +8%
5800 rpm = +7%

plotting those values on my dyno result suggests (to me who knows nothing about mapping) my loss of power coincides with throwing 12% extra fuel at 4200rpm!

relevant modifications are:
Walbro fuel pump
HKS filter & cold air feed
3" downpipe, elbow and exhaust with decat
FMIC
HKS boost controller (0.8/0.9bar)
Splitfire coilpacks (new)
NGK grade 8 iridiums (new)
SAFC2 (obviously)
standard turbo, injectors, maf

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
thanks. yeh im not going to change it myself, not worth the risk without knowing the AFR in realtime.. Ill get it on a dyno and have it remapped.

Just interested to determine how 'good' this map im using is as it doesnt seem ideal to me (but i know nothing about maps i admit!)

Ive been plagued with 4000+ rpm lack of power for ages (hence the new spltfires coils and plugs just put it) but now ive seen the fueling im thinking that may be the problem)

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Mine was mapped with a SAFC NEO, my timing was advanced a ew degrees..to compensate low end upto around 4000rpm fuelling is added to reduce Knock levels.

But after that its generally a reduction...... I would get someone to redo it on teh rollers mate...

·
Registered
828 Posts
Mine was mapped with a SAFC NEO, my timing was advanced a ew degrees..to compensate low end upto around 4000rpm fuelling is added to reduce Knock levels.

But after that its generally a reduction...... I would get someone to redo it on teh rollers mate...
Didnt think the neo could adjust the timing? or was it wound back on the cam sensor?

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

yes, i know overfuelling is to protect against knock, but this seems way too much. It looks to me like its just wasting fuel and reducing power.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts