Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again .. so I've done little things to my car. Deatschwerks 550cc Fuel Injectors , ISR Performance Fuel Pressure Regulator Kit, WALBRO TIA 255 FUEL PUMP KIT, front mount intercooler, cold air and turbo back exhaust system. I have nistune program. That's pretty much it. My question is what would be safe boost and hp for the motor?? Has 133,000km on it. Water pump and timing belt have been done . Thank you

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes stock turbo. I looked this morning to get a hks turbo upgrade but decided not to get into doing that

·
Registered
68 Posts
Well I just had my GTT mapped yesterday and I wasnt even able to reach the "safe space" boost as the actuator couldnt hold more than 0.7bar, just one of those age related things. I'm not bothered enough to change it as its only a matter of time before the turbo needs replacing anyway and I'll do them both together then.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice looking car...

I've looked into both. The boost controller is pricey so I was going to do the adjustable actuato

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
330 i was told, up from 280.
Bit of a saga as it turned out there was an old HKS iS piggy back in the car the whole time that nobody knew about!

Maybe I'll rethink a bigger turbo. I was hoping and again really dont know for around 300whp

·
Registered
68 Posts
Maybe I'll rethink a bigger turbo. I was hoping and again really dont know for around 300whp
See how you go first so you have a baseline starting point. The Nistune, fuel pump, Intercooler, exhaust are all needed regardless so no harm seeing where the cars at. Then look at clutch, injectors, turbo if you want more afterwards because thats where it starts getting expensive.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got the Deatschwerks 550cc Fuel Injectors. When I went to see my tuner said he kept going it fuel and it wasnt taken it . Said to clean injectors but for the cost here to clean them I just got new ones .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts