Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , I have a 95 R33, with an exhaust system, intercooler and HKS high flow filter. I have a GREDDY Profec b boost controller that is being installed in 2 days, what is the safest highest boost i can run at, and also how low can the boost be turned down to? any help would be greatly appreciated

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Absolute max on a standard tub would be 0.85 of a bar.... ceramic blades are poo....

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
The boost cant be turned down any lower than what the actuator is set at which i believe is .5-6bar on the gtst

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
you will find, without using an airflow converter or Apexi Power FC, that upping the boost wont make much differnce in power. As more air = more fuel on stock ecu map

As has been said, you cant decrease the boost below the actuator spring rating, which is around 0.5 bar.....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys , i have a walbro 255 and fuel reg too which i forgot to mention, and what sort of price could a get an APexi power FC?? appreciate the help

·
bla
17,374 Posts
theres a group buy on at the mo.. it will be £450 :D

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Walbro and Fuel pressure regulator are generally more important when your running much higher boost than standard on a larger/hybrid turbo, they wont provide any performance increase more of a security thing IMHO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts