Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Saintsman's R33 (lots of pics)

Okay then peeps, now i have taken a few pics of my car (which i bought 4 weeks ago) I thought it best to post a few in here i have a few ideas about how to put my personal stamp on the car.

The car came with a HKS exhaust, HKS air filter, HKS Turbo Timer, Blitz turbo Gauge, Blitz B.O.V, Polenza suspension, Sparco steering wheel (which i need to replace but not sure what to get?!?:dunno:) , and also a aftermarket gear knob (already replaced with a momo one)

I plans i have first are:

Replace the headunit and speakers, These are already ordered and awaiting delivery.

Spray paint the alloys and callipers, Getting done next week :D

New leather and alcantra interior (in black leather and gun metal grey alcantra), this being all the seats, the fabric panels in the doors, the gear and handbrake gaiter, and also the arm rests. The Alcantra material is going the be the same colour as the alloys (when they are painted) Am also intending to colourcode the dash too like the alcantra (gun metal grey)

Then, at some point get a new body kit, already got a quote for a Trial front bumper, Jun side skirts, Jun rear spats and GTR grille.

With a bit of luck, everything above with be completed by end of august, so i will keep this thread up to date each time i make a change to the car.

Now that you have read the boring bit, now time for some piccy's :D

Hope you guys approve, and don't be too harsh with your comments as i am still a little new to this. and a little wet behind the ears when it comes to modification. :gayboy:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
looks really clean!!! what colour are you doing the wheels i like it with the white
Going for a gun metal grey with a metal flake, i have seen the paint in the can and it looks amazing, i think once it goes on the wheels it will look awesome in the sun, and i think the car will sit a lot better on that than the white they are now.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hey all, managed to get my alloys done yesterday, and they look awesome.

I would have taken some pics last night but it was pouring down outside, so i got some done today while i was getting the alloys balanced.

Only fault is that, it still isn't a really bright and shiny day, so the photos do not do the paint on the alloys and calipers any justice.

It cost me £320 to get the alloys refurbed, spray painted, and also get the calipers spray painted. Personally i think it looks loads better than the white they were (see first thread)

Here is a pic of the car now (yes, i know it needs a wash!!)

and now for a bit more detail :) the front and rear calipers, done in silver with black writing

And now a few pics of the alloys, the sun peeked from behind the clouds for just a moment and i managed to catch them, although they still look better to the naked eye :smoker:

Closer still..... You can also see the metal flake in the sunlight :yum:

Extreme close up....

So what do you guys reckon? I wanted the wheels to look good, but keep it understated, that is why i went for silver and black calipers, so it keeps in trend with what i am doing to the car.

·
Registered
751 Posts
yeah they do look nice, im in the process of doing up my alloys, diy job though, im going for the polished lip with gold three spoke 18" zelda alloys.

yours look so much better than in white, good work :smoker:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay then, more to add to this thread. In the last few days i have manged to upgrade the factory stereo install, and also completely revamped the interior.

Firstly here is what my new stereo system looks like:

The head unit. My ipod is directly connected to the headunit, and the ipod is situated inside the pod underneath the head unit, so everything is kept out of the way. Must mention that the surround have to be amended so that it fitted in between the sides of the dash surround. Looks awesome, and sounds much better than the original double din head unit.

and a view a little further out.

As well as the head unit, changed to speakers in the doors too using some vibe component speakers with the mid biss situated in the door, and the tweeters a little higher. The factory speaker holders also had to be modified slightly as the speakers didn't fit straight in.

And in the boot, i put a amplified subwoofer behind the false wall to keep the boot nice and tidy.

and a little closer

And that is my new install, it isn't massivley loud, or even thumping bass, but it is a MASSIVE improvement on what it was originally.

I was going to change the rear speakers too, but the speakers i bought did not fit and i didn't want to start making holes in the car, so after listening to the new set up, i realised i didn't need them anyway, so i will just send them back.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here are a few pics of my interior i got this weekend.

Got the complete package from LSC Interiors, and they have done a great job, and i think it makes the car look a whole load better.

Here are the front seats

The rear seats (point to note, the seat belts are actually black!!!!)

and also the door inserts

Now the interior is nearly complete, just need to get the rubber stuff off the dash surround, and then it is being sprayed so it matches the seats.

Just to let you know, i have started doing some of the rubber bits, and i started using my nail on the door part, and then moved onto wire wool for the gear surround, and these are quite time consuming and require a lot of elbow grease :gayboy: , so i am going to be doing the centre dash surround with paint thinner which should work well as i tried on a small patch already, and i will post pics (again) soon to show before and after.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Interior looks great man.

How much was it?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hello again peeps, well time to add to the thread.

After getting the interior done, i knew i needed to colour code the interior of the car. That is one of the reasons why i had the gaiters done in black, rather than 'smoke' like the rest of the alcantra.

Well, getting the layer of rubber off was not a joy at ALL. But after using thinners and wire woll (to smooth it) and a lot of elbow grease the rubber was finally off. Must also mention i had a torrid time with the alarm LED while trying to get the dash off, ended up breaking the wires :disappointed: so needed to buy a new LED and get soldered on, (BTW Thanks to carvolution for the info)

Anyway, after getting that nasty rubber off, the door insert, gear surround and dash surround were taken to Grind 'n' Shine where i got my wheels done and i asked the guy to match the colour of the interior to the parts to be sprayed. (took a part of the alcantra in to help him)

I told him, i just wanted a plain gloss finish and left it with him, 2 hours later he phones me up and tells me he has come up with a colour, but it has a little bit of metal flake in it!! i though CHAV ALERT, but i trust his judgement so left it up to him.

Anyway, went to pick it up today, and i am absolutley chuffed, and it doesn't look CHAV at all!! and the match is excellent.

So far, the cheapest, and possibly the best mod so far. Anyway, enough talking, here's the pics.

All the parts, and the alcantra sample (the arm rest)

closer view

door insert

around the stereo

The whole thing fitted

I LOVE IT :drool: :drool: :smoker: :smoker:

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
wow thats a really nice look to the dash parts,sweet mod
although one question,why did you make a hole in the doorcard rather than the mirror back for the tweets?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
although one question,why did you make a hole in the doorcard rather than the mirror back for the tweets?
Was gonna do that, but i am going to buy more gauges, and they are going on the a-pillar and i didn't want any obstructions.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
how are you finding the x001?
It is absolutley awesome! Lots of functions, and the sound is good too. I seriously wish i could have had this headunit in my previous cars.

Just need to buy a 80Gb ipod to put all my music on instead of just having a 8Gb nano.

I would seriously recommend this to anyone with a ipod!!!!!!!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here are a couple photos of stuff i did today, changed the lights behind he dials. which were very easy to do (while the dash was off)

Changed from the white light's to blue light's. look really good, and i also have a blitz BLM turbo gauge, so it really show's up better too, just need some more blitz BLM guages on the a-pillar to make it look even better.

Here are the pics of the dash, only problem is, is that fact the the red part of the rev dial doesn't glow up:cya: but i think it looks good, so i can live with the red part.

It does actually glow brighter than the pics, but even with an SLR, it is difficult to show just how bright it is.:disappointed:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts