Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets see what is the worst thing about Santa Pod or dragging in your opinions ;

1) Weather Conditions ( well we live in the UK )
2) Car Setup - Tyres Grip
3) Car Setup - Tyres Pressure
4) Car Setup - Suspension
5) Car Setup - Clutch
6) Car Setup - Long Gear Changes/Strokes (3 changes wastes time maybe as much as 0.5 a Second on a run)

Ive just been doing some comparisions and in AUZ and NZ they are running good times on GTS 1/4 strips, now some might say its because the Hotter climate is better or they have a better strip. But in reality a better Hotter climate doesnt suit a turbo car, so I would see this as a bit of a hinderance than anything else.

Im looking to see what peoples opinions are in their experiences and things they have heard no matter how stupid it might sound to get things running and I thought this would be an interesting thing to chat about.

Im not talking about traffic light grand prix, straight line racing. Im talking about timed 1/4 distances.

Cheers

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
Drag

As we said the other day , It seems that with fewer mods than we in this country are doing they seem to get better times in NZ and AUS than we do.. some of the times are just so good ...cant understand why we cant do it in the UK...

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
They do seem to have a better handle on things like car setup tyres pressure, suspension etc and there is much more of a scene so drag specific developments are further advanced than here.

The air density thing, its easier to travel through less dense (warmer) so it creates less resistance I'd have thought it cancels out to a point the negative effect on boost

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting Althought I have seen some guys in the Netherlands using CO2 to cool their intercoolers down even more than normal just to get a cooler charge temp.

Is anyone actually have the set ups in their cars to even notify the driver of the the temps anyhow ?

Ive yet to see a gt(r+s+t+v) with anything in it like this ?

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, what I was trying to find out is if people actually use/take notice of any of these temps.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
I had to, i had silly inlet temps on mine causing det with the feeble excuse for an intercooler i used to have

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so ok we done that bit then. But what about all the other options. Once i get things moving I am going to start going through tyres to see which ones seem to be better than others , ill be using part worns to see which ones grip better, also tyre pressures is another thing.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Re: What do ya make of this.??

Al & Claire said:
PMSL!! :D :D :D

Oh, and through my Mustang years I learnt that about 18psi was best in the rears instead of the standard 30psi.... if you can be bothered on a RWD car its worth pumping thr fronts up to about 40psi to reduce the amount of rubber in contact with the tarmac, I never bothered going quite this far, but people do!! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts