Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has any one got this fitted? used a car the other day with it and it tried to send me straight through a new furniture store!!! It also didnt recognise mini roundabouts! has anyone had any probs with theirs? I was thinking of getting Sat Nav til I used this car!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Depends what sat nav system it is, the new Alpine and Pioneer versions are pretty much spot on, even though their GPS they can still be a few meters to cock.

Buy a map its cheaper, lol I know of a brand new Alipine sat nav system going for 1k and inc's free fitting also, let us know if its of ineterest to you Lisa.

·
Registered
161 Posts
polarbearit i'll get more details later but think the total cost is around £930, where as Alpine still list it at £1500 and the free fitting which usually costs around £250.

Forget the model number but its a alpine where the screen pops out job or can stay in and use as a normal head unit, then u get the media centre which mounts somewhere in your dash or glove box, maybe wrong but think there may be a free 6 disc autochanger with it but not 100% sure on that. Work is having a clear out of items not on stock list and thats one so its been discounted around 40%.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Depends what system you have. I am currently trying to get the sat nav system working that is already installed in my Skyline, but in my other car I have a Palm (pocket PC) sat nav system which is excellentan, whats more they only cost about £250 -£350! and they dont need extensive fitting and drilling holes in the dash! So easy to put it into and out of different cars! It even works well abroad and is better than my brother system which cost over £1500!

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
tigger said:
has any one got this fitted? used a car the other day with it and it tried to send me straight through a new furniture store!!! It also didnt recognise mini roundabouts! has anyone had any probs with theirs? I was thinking of getting Sat Nav til I used this car!!
depends how old the mapset data is. same for mini roundabouts which could be fairly new (as they are quick to put down)...

A

·
0 Posts
tigger said:

please don't let us know what sat nav system that is my other half would kill for something that guides her to the nearest new shop :)

·
Registered
593 Posts
Yeah the French need annoying! Arent they just unbelievable drivers! That flashing amber traffic light rule is the silliest I have ever seen isnt it? What more they ALLWAYS use it on the busiest sets of lights they can find! Then you get that silly rule where they just expect you to pull straight out onto main roads infront of everyone! That just says it all about them really!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts